Sign in with
Your question

New mobo need help

Last response: in Motherboards
November 17, 2010 4:46:28 PM

problem with asrock mobo

hi i bought an asrock p43de mobo and it arrived today i have installed it and connected everything up but when i turn the pc on and it tries to load up windows it stops and a screen comes up saying failed to load windows check harddrive for errors i did there was nothing that could be fixed automatically i tried with a different hard drive with a different os on but still no luck i was hoping someone could help me out ,my system is as follows:

cpu: intel q6600 2.4ghz
hdd: samsung spinpoint 250gb
ram: ocz gold ddr2 4gb
mobo: asrock p43de

if you need any more info please ask i really want to fix this problem

i dont think its the ram because i tried a different make by its self

More about : mobo

a c 435 V Motherboard
November 17, 2010 7:21:21 PM

Fresh windows installation with format? If not, that's your next step. You can't change boards using the same windows installation unless the replacement board has the same chipset as your previous board, and sometimes even then you have to format the hardrive.
November 18, 2010 11:44:01 AM

tom762 said:
problem with asrock mobo

hi i bought an asrock p43de mobo and it arrived today i have installed it and connected everything up but when i turn the pc on and it tries to load up windows it stops and a screen comes up saying failed to load windows check harddrive for errors i did there was nothing that could be fixed automatically i tried with a different hard drive with a different os on but still no luck i was hoping someone could help me out ,my system is as follows:

cpu: intel q6600 2.4ghz
hdd: samsung spinpoint 250gb
ram: ocz gold ddr2 4gb
mobo: asrock p43de

if you need any more info please ask i really want to fix this problem

i dont think its the ram because i tried a different make by its self

First of all Windows installs, loads and works - when there is healthy hardware per see to operate on. You might as well admit to the fact.

Secondly, operating systems are really-really-really-and really brain-dead facing hardware issues. How Windows or other OS may determine error? by pointing to suspect hardware, and that is already a stellar performance from a brain-dead entity, more often than not proven to be wrong. The bottom line here is if you suspect Windows as brain-dead - give up. If you suspect hardware issues - drive on, all lights ON at the end of this tunnel.

You are having issues with hardware - hook-up maybe, Windows is telling you to get some hardware where it can install and get this whole thing over with. In your case I think Windows really, really needs a hard-drive connection.

Second guess: You just need to relax and hang out for a while. Solution to these kinda problems readily come when you really- I mean really, need that machine.

Chi-o...
Linx

That cleared the air, at least for now.

I could be wrong, and it would not be for the first time.

giving you random messages, no messages, same messages over and over again... use your own judgment. One change in hardware profile-configuration by each reboot may give you the clues.

PPP -

From your post you do not sound like a person short of resources on redundant contemporary hardware. You made an effort indeed, swapped a few components around, and when none of that worked your way you crashed and blamed it all on the people who designed that wicked "asrock p43de mobo", which does not seem to work.

I would love to help you - as long as you understand that people who bring OS and hardware together are very, very competent.
Next, I care to point out to you the facts of making your very own system work:
-
November 18, 2010 1:15:21 PM

OK - I see that my random thoughts also made it through my post - stellar, spectacular and oh so well randomized. I should take a dose of my own advice - kick back and relax.
!