Can't disconnect HDD withOUT OS or HDD WITH OS doesn't boot.

ttg_Avenged

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2012
Thanks and ALL help is appreciated!

I have 2 HDD's. One, primary, 3000GB HDD. (Seagate Barracuda) Another 'backup' HDD (120GB) that was built for a Xbox 360. I have tried EVERYTHING (including EACH SATA! port) and have found one thing. In 'Disk Management' for Windows 7, look at the print screen please :). The disk one is 2048GB + 746.52GB only because Win seven cant handle... never mind that's not the issue. The dilemma is Disk 0, (Disk, ZERO!?) It says system reserved. Unfortunately I do not recall, when installing Win 7 (from disc drive) what drive or settings I installed it too but was savvy in tech at the time of course (last month) and would hope/imagine I selected the 3000GB... Anyways.

Lastly something interesting... I just got my Xbox back today and plugged in the HDD for the 360, works fine and I was AMAZED. All my games, saves, profiles, etc. WERE THERE. I double an triple checked. IT WAS AND IS on the 120GB, A.K.A. system reserved.
Another note to know, is the Disc 2 is actually Disk 1's Unallocated space, and Disk 0 DOES NOT come up under My Computer... weird.
Lastly, when I do attempt to boot w/out the HDD, I get a popup black background 'Reboot and select proper boot device' or something. It's like it's holding me hostage...? Ha.

Thanks soooooo much guys! What the heck would I do with my troubles without you bad**ses.

vo35lg.png

ttg_Avenged

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2012

Wait, so, do I unplug my Xbox HDD? Also can I just straigh up REINSTALL!? I don't care, I mean sure I'd LIKE to not re-install but I don't mind.