Incorrect parameter

brandoo

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012
Hello,
I can not access my Lacinema Play HD via computer due to incorrect parameter and a message ask me to format it before I can use. Help! Thanks.

brandoo

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012

Thank you for your help Szaboaz! I have windows 7, and I connect Lacie to my computer several times without problem. I used disk manager to locate the drive when it is connected to computer, but it is not there. I use Lacie manual suggestions to reformat the disk on TV but I couldn't access to HOME feature of the system. Also, sometimes Windows 7 recognizes the drive, but sometimes it doesn't. However, when the drive F shows up, it just stay there for a while then disapear.

Not only I can't save a lot of documents on the disk but also can't not reformat it! Please help! Thanks.

Brandoo

szaboaz

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
When this happens to a plain old USB external drive, the usual suggestion is to take out the drive, and connect directly to a desktop computer. If it works, then the USB chip in the external enclosure was the cause of the fault.

In this case, this is not a solution. Moreover, I had the impresson that this media box has it's own internal operating system, probably a small Linux. So let's assume for now, that it's not a hardware error (but you can try another USB cable in the meantime, and if you have another computer, try with that... in case it's the laptop's USB connector).

Here are some options:
- Reset to Factory Default. See Chapter 7.3.4 (Page 38).

- If that doesn't help, then a Firmware Update, if it's available. Chapter 7.3.2., Page 37

brandoo

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012

Hi Szaboaz:

I did try Firmware Update and Factory Default, but none of them helped. I'll try with another computer as you suggested. Thank you so much for your time Szaboaz!

Brandoo

szaboaz

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
No problem.

Too bad the software solutions didn't work so far.

Now it can be two things I think:
a) something wrong with the device, but the hard drive is OK.
This would mean that if you have important/irreplaceable files on it, you could take it apart, and get out the drive, as I said earlier, and connect it to a desktop computer directly, or put it into a simple USB external enclosure and use as an external drive from now on.

b) something wrong with the hard drive.
That would be really bad news. But hard drives fail sometimes, mechanics, bad sectors...
Well, the taking apart is still necessary to prove it. The only good side to this is that in theory, you could replace it with a good hard drive...

What about warranty?

brandoo

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012
Warranty is gone Szaboaz! I appreciate all your GREAT efforts to help me out. I will follow your instructions to see if magical happens. Thank you again Szaboaz!!! People are happy to have you here, I bet.

Brandoo.

brandoo

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012

Hi Szaboaz:

My Lacinema play HD now shows up every time I connect it to the laptop as an E drive. However, I can't chkdsk using Windows 7 due to invalid parameters. Any idea Szaboaz? Thank you!

Braondoo.