Sign in with
Your question

Some problem with my HD 4670

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 4, 2010 12:55:59 PM

Hello! I've bought my new video card. Ati Radeon HD 4670. Even if I watch videos, or play java games on the internet, i get an error. Here is it:
"VPU Recover has reset your graphics accelerator as it was no longer responding to graphics driver commands."
(I got this error after the screen freezes for 5 sec, it goes black, and then it goes to normal, and i get my error message)
Also the games graphics are terrible. (Model problems.)

I've done 2 things. I've put my graphics card into another computer. I was working fine. But to make sure about the things, i went back to the shop and asked for another from the same type. Also the same. Works in the other computer, but not in mine. I've found out, the error may caused because some hardware-s have some problems with the video card.

My computer informations:

Motherboard:4CoreDual-SATA2
VIA
PT880 Pro Chipset

CPU: Intel Pentinum E5200 @ 2.50 GHz , 2,49 GHz
Wolfdale 45nm Technology

Ram: 2.0GM Kingston Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 199 MHz 3-3-3-9

Graphics: Plug and Play Monitor on ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series 1024MB (Gigabyte)

Hard drive: 122GB Maxtor 6Y120L0

Optical Drives: HL-DT ST DVDRAM GSA-4163B , ATAPI DVD-ROM 16XMax

Audio: Realtek High Definition Audio

Please help me! I realy don't know how to find out which hardware have problems with the graphics card

More about : problem 4670

a b U Graphics card
March 4, 2010 1:35:45 PM

VPU recover is supposed to reset the GPU if it crashes.

This can be due to a funny driver issues, lack of power, broken card, or even something wrong with the motherboard.

What are you upgrading from? Did it have any issues at all?

Try installation all of the drivers and reinstalling them as a first step.
March 4, 2010 2:19:30 PM

daedalus685 said:
VPU recover is supposed to reset the GPU if it crashes.

This can be due to a funny driver issues, lack of power, broken card, or even something wrong with the motherboard.

What are you upgrading from? Did it have any issues at all?

Try installation all of the drivers and reinstalling them as a first step.

Reinstall all drivers?
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
March 4, 2010 2:22:22 PM

Mettlord said:
Reinstall all drivers?

Sorry, I mean for the video card. If you switched brands from your old one it might have caused issues. Never a bad idea to wipe out what you can and start over.
March 4, 2010 2:26:23 PM

daedalus685 said:
Sorry, I mean for the video card. If you switched brands from your old one it might have caused issues. Never a bad idea to wipe out what you can and start over.

Well, Ive downloaded it a lots of times. I was happy last time because i saw theres a new driver, but the same error
a b U Graphics card
March 4, 2010 2:28:58 PM

Mettlord said:
Well, Ive downloaded it a lots of times. I was happy last time because i saw theres a new driver, but the same error

Have you completely removed all of the old drivers? What was the video card you are replacing? You might want to find something like driver cleaner and wipe out any superfluous crap.
March 4, 2010 2:41:46 PM

daedalus685 said:
Have you completely removed all of the old drivers? What was the video card you are replacing? You might want to find something like driver cleaner and wipe out any superfluous crap.

idia Geforce 7300 GT. Can you give me a link to a driver sweeper?
a b U Graphics card
March 4, 2010 3:08:46 PM

Assuming you removed all of the old drivers, and reinstalled the latest ATI drivers the next step would be to check for a hardware fault. How big is your power supply?

Likely that the MB is fine since the old card worked.

It is entirely possible the 4670 you got is broken, might be best to take it back for a quick exchange.
March 4, 2010 3:19:01 PM

daedalus685 said:
Assuming you removed all of the old drivers, and reinstalled the latest ATI drivers the next step would be to check for a hardware fault. How big is your power supply?

Likely that the MB is fine since the old card worked.

It is entirely possible the 4670 you got is broken, might be best to take it back for a quick exchange.

aleady did that
a b U Graphics card
March 4, 2010 4:25:33 PM

Mettlord said:
aleady did that

You already exchanged it?

In that case the next best bet would be to reinstall windows. If it is a particularly old install many issues could have cropped up over the years.

One can assume the MB works fine if the old card functioned, though it could be an incompatibility in the bios. Also, make sure your PSU gives off enough power.
March 4, 2010 4:43:19 PM

daedalus685 said:
You already exchanged it?

In that case the next best bet would be to reinstall windows. If it is a particularly old install many issues could have cropped up over the years.

One can assume the MB works fine if the old card functioned, though it could be an incompatibility in the bios. Also, make sure your PSU gives off enough power.

hey! the reinstalling isnt a bad idea. Before ive installed winxp again (i had win7) the error came with the winxp installion (i think)
!