M4A87TD-USB3 and RAM

Bonesy

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010
Hello,
Newbie here! I've just built my own system and realized the ram i have used isn't in your list, though the manufacturer is.
The board is as above, M4A87TD-USB3. The ram is: Corsair 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz Dominator Memory Kit CL9 (9-9-9-24) 1.5V

I get system strops and errors, any OS, even tried various HDDs, cables, disk checks, and the only thing that came up withh anything was when I ran memtest on BOTH sticks together. Alone, they return no issue, but combined they error like mad.

I get crashes in windows (bsod with black and white and pink and yellow squares in the corners) and and regular Linux freezing, crashing, locking up, odd behavior.

I'm at my wits end with it now! Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

My thanks in advance!
Sophie.

You need to populate the proper slots on the mobo with both the RAMs.Check the combination in the manual, could be One Blue one Black or Both Blue and Both Black.....
There is also a possibility of incompatibility of the RAM make /Model with the Processor, so on the Corsair site, give you model number of the RAM and check to see if it works with the Processor you are using..... also