Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Voltage for corsair xms2 800mhz ddr2 1.8v

Last response: in Memory
Share
November 17, 2010 8:38:49 PM

Hello, i recently bought 2x(2gb sticks) of corsair xms2 800 mhz ddr2 1.80v memory sticks.i successfully installed 1 stick,and the computer starts just fine like 70% of the time the other 30 percent the boot screen freezes and i have to restart till it works(not to long at all typically within the next 2 attempts)then i attempted adding the second stick i bought and everytime that i have tried it with both sticks the boot menu freezes right away i originally thought it was a bad stick of ram and was going to send it back but all this talk of voltage got me to thinking mine may be too low or something like that...is this a voltage issue bad stick of ram or something else entirely? thanx
-matt
a b } Memory
November 18, 2010 10:56:40 AM

Have you put the RAM in the correctly designated slots?
you need to read thru the Manual of your mobo to know which slots are to be populated when using less amount of RAM than the slots on the Board....
By the way, whats the make of your Mobo
Are those RAMs listed in the QVL of the mobo...?
More information is needed than what you have given....
m
0
l
!