Ending Thief FM Mystic Estate

ike

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2003

How does a taffer end this mission? I've got all the objectives and
have gone outside but nothing happens. (This is the first FM I've
played.)

Ike wrote:
> How does a taffer end this mission? I've got all the objectives and
> have gone outside but nothing happens. (This is the first FM I've
> played.)

When you went outside exactly where outside did you go? In this mission
you don't go outside to where you started the game. There's another
area outside that you need to go to. If you've been all over the map
you should know where that is and there's a specific spot where you need
to go once you get there. You'll know it when you see it.

ike

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2003

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 20:04:35 -0700 Just Another Mook
<lmarc11@qwest.net> wrote :

>Ike wrote:
>> How does a taffer end this mission? I've got all the objectives and
>> have gone outside but nothing happens. (This is the first FM I've
>> played.)
>
>When you went outside exactly where outside did you go? In this mission
>you don't go outside to where you started the game. There's another
>area outside that you need to go to. If you've been all over the map
>you should know where that is and there's a specific spot where you need
>to go once you get there. You'll know it when you see it.

Potential spoiler
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
..

..
..
..
..
..
..

I finally did find the way out. The thing is that I was in the rear of
the house outside and the gates were closed. No way to get them open.
I even managed to find a way on top of the hedge and jump down behind
the gates . . . still no luck. I went back inside, ran around some
more, reloaded a few times, and when I went back outside the gates
were open which allowed me to exit the mission. I do remember a switch
outside a set of double doors on the third(?) floor that doesn't seem
to do anything. Maybe it's that switch that controls the gates
outside?

Ike wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 20:04:35 -0700 Just Another Mook
> <lmarc11@qwest.net> wrote :
>

>>Ike wrote:
>>
>>>How does a taffer end this mission? I've got all the objectives and
>>>have gone outside but nothing happens. (This is the first FM I've
>>>played.)
>>
>>When you went outside exactly where outside did you go? In this mission
>>you don't go outside to where you started the game. There's another
>>area outside that you need to go to. If you've been all over the map
>>you should know where that is and there's a specific spot where you need
>>to go once you get there. You'll know it when you see it.
>

> Potential spoiler
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> ..
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> ..
>
> ..
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
>
> I finally did find the way out. The thing is that I was in the rear of
> the house outside and the gates were closed. No way to get them open.
> I even managed to find a way on top of the hedge and jump down behind
> the gates . . . still no luck. I went back inside, ran around some
> more, reloaded a few times, and when I went back outside the gates
> were open which allowed me to exit the mission. I do remember a switch
> outside a set of double doors on the third(?) floor that doesn't seem
> to do anything. Maybe it's that switch that controls the gates
> outside?

Yes, there was a switch that opens that gate and opening the gate allows
the mission to finish.

nightwalker

"Ike" <spamminator@spamminator.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 20:04:35 -0700 Just Another Mook
> <lmarc11@qwest.net> wrote :
>

> >Ike wrote:
> >> How does a taffer end this mission? I've got all the objectives and
> >> have gone outside but nothing happens. (This is the first FM I've
> >> played.)
> >
> >When you went outside exactly where outside did you go? In this mission
> >you don't go outside to where you started the game. There's another
> >area outside that you need to go to. If you've been all over the map
> >you should know where that is and there's a specific spot where you need
> >to go once you get there. You'll know it when you see it.
>
> Potential spoiler
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> ..
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> ..
>
> ..
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
> .
>
> I finally did find the way out. The thing is that I was in the rear of
> the house outside and the gates were closed. No way to get them open.
> I even managed to find a way on top of the hedge and jump down behind
> the gates . . . still no luck. I went back inside, ran around some
> more, reloaded a few times, and when I went back outside the gates
> were open which allowed me to exit the mission. I do remember a switch
> outside a set of double doors on the third(?) floor that doesn't seem
> to do anything. Maybe it's that switch that controls the gates
> outside?

I think the switch is the big red one in the basement by the turbines that
DOESN'T kill you! I'm not positive though.

Nightwalker
--
Remove *leavemealone* from email address

gort

Distinguished
May 15, 2004

OK, guys. I'm here to help. The lever that opens the backyard gate is
located in the basement. But be careful on which lever you use.

Suggestion: quicksave before doing so. >)