Ew build for Maya 2010

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
March 18, 2010 11:02:13 AM

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: March-end

BUDGET RANGE: Around 45000 INR

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: 3D rendering, animation, study & general use.

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: keyboard, mouse, speakers, OS

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: No preference, I'll use it mostly as an advice, since I'm not from the USA.

PARTS PREFERENCES: Intel CPU preferred, although not exclusive.

OVERCLOCKING: Maybe

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Unlikely

MONITOR RESOLUTION: Up to you.

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: Am a student of animation and wont use it for gaming, so no need for the best video card. I do need the monitor, but outside the budget, so you can choose the one you like around a 20" monitor or so, mostly advice for the monitor since I'll buy it later.
Also, if you think that i should buy something outside the budget, i am able to extend it if i wait another month, so go ahead and post what you think. Thank you!

I was looking for something like this maybe, please advice:

Intel Core i5-750 Whitesburg Processor – 45nm Quad-core CPU
Intel DP55WB
2*2 GB DDR3 1333MHz
500 GB Sata(7200RPM)
Cooler Master Elite 330 (RC-310)
Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 600W
Samsung SyncMaster 20" 2033SW

More about : build maya 2010

March 18, 2010 12:58:28 PM

Mobo: Don't use an Intel motherboard. They actually aren't very high quality. Stick to Asus or Gigabyte for quality board. Specifically, the Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3 is a great, future proof LGA1156 board.

RAM: If you decide to overclock, you should get some 1600 mhz CAS Latency 7 sticks. Even if you don't overclock, you should get CL 7 ones.

HDD: Make sure that drive is either a Samsung Spinpoint F3 or Seagate 7200.12. They'll be single platter drives, so they're really fast.

PSU: Coolermaster doesn't make very good PSUs. Stick to Antec Earthwatts, Corsair, Silverstone, SeaSonic or PC Power & Cooling. 550W would be more than enough. You could get by on 450W, depending on the video card you choose.

GPU: You may actually need a fairly good GPU for animation. I'm not positive though. Look for some benchmarks just to be sure. If not, buy a cheap GPU. You may even consider getting a board with onboard graphics and not using a discrete card.

You would see a good performance increase if you went with an i7 build. The i7-920 (or 930 if it's about the same price over there) would be much better at CPU intensive tasks than the i5. It's hyperthreading could help out a great deal as well. I would search around for some benchmarks with whatever programs you use and check it out. It will require a budget increase though.
m
l
!