OCZ Vertex 30Gb SSD Windows 7 64 bit - freeze on boot

seroga07

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2009
Hey guys just installed windows 7 64 Bit on a 30gb SSD. I also have it running on a Gigabyte 790xt motherboard with a XFX Radeon 5870 HD. The first time after installing windows the computer started extremely fast. I first noticed a freeze up when I restarted the system. It will get to the point where it says starting windows, then for some reason it freezes. After about a minute or two, the win 7 floating logo finally appears and the system process to boot.

So my problem is that installing an SSD in I excpect the system to boot immediatly. But with the freezing it defeats the purpose. Anyone come across this freeze before the windows pogo appears?

Idk how to handle an SSD yet. Do I enable SMART? Or is there a special option for it? Or is my system hanging on something not related to the SSD, or is there a hardware conflict anyone an see?

Please let me know. Thanks.

ibnsina

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2009
Try using latest drivers first and see if this solves the problem.

To do this, Run Windows update (from control panel or start menu), select check for updates , then click on Optional updates are avialable. Is there any hardware drivers on list, if yes tick it and click OK?

This might take several minutes, once installed restart your system.

If problem persists come back for further advise.

seroga07

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2009
I don't know what the problem was exactly but it appears to be related to the dd3 timinings. I set to recommeneded 1600MHz instead of default 1066 that the motherboard had set it too. The problem has sinced disappeared. But what seems curious is that the problem doesn't reappear Even if set back to default timings.

Thanks for your reply ! :D