Sign in with
Your question

Please help, new build shuts off after about 10 secs.

Last response: in Systems
March 18, 2010 4:37:24 PM

Can somebody please help me with my new build. My specs are listed below. Everytime i fire it up it shuts off after about 10 secs. I know its not the motherboard because this is the 2nd motherboard i tried. Everything lights up for the few seconds its on (i.e. cpu and fan start spinning, GPU works, my ram doesnt have any lights so i cant tell but my hard drive and everything else works). I've read in similiar threads that to try and use each ram module separately and that didn't work either. My power supply is brand new also. please some body help!!!!! Thanks to anyone that helps.
I've also tried taking it to best buy's "geek squad" and they want to keep it for 3 weeks and charge $70 bucks for a diagnosis.......... i really dont want to do that. thanks again.

Corsair TX750W Power supply - 750 Watt
MSI NF750-G55 Motherboard
Corsair XMS3 TW3X4G1333C9AG 4GB Dual Channel DDR3 RAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition AM3 CPU
NZXT M59-001BK M59 Gaming Mid Tower Case - ATX
XFX Radeon HD 4890 Graphics

More about : build shuts secs

March 18, 2010 4:42:04 PM

I'm assuming you can't enter BIOS. If that's right, try EVERYTHING in the standard troubleshooting thread (link in my signature). Make sure to do EACH step, don't just read it. Again, DO NOT SKIP any of the steps. After finishing ALL steps, come back with any changes.

The main things I would try is booting without the GPU. After that, if you have another working build, I would swap parts into that one until that one doesn't work. Then swap parts from the working build into the new one to verify that everything else works.

m
l
March 18, 2010 4:45:43 PM

I tried taking the GPU out and still shuts off after about 10 secs. How do i verify if its the ram or not?

Also it does not last long enough for me to enter BIOS.
m
l
Related resources
March 18, 2010 4:47:52 PM

Have you tried everything in the sticky yet? If the build isn't posting, there is almost nothing you can try that's not in that list.
m
l
March 18, 2010 4:53:22 PM

The only thing i havent tried was the LED connectors yet. i can only start my computer using the power switch on the motherboard. would that be the problem?
m
l
!