Solution
Are you looking to repair a broken system because of a faulty OS? If you have important data on there I would suggest you move it using an external hard-drive dock or something because it can read as a external disk when connected. This is because hard-drives, especially old ones, may have bad sectors or reached the end of their lives. If this is not the case, you can install any OS as long as it's the right one and you have the means to install it. By this I mean 32-bit vs 64-bit Operating systems and what you have to install it with.. a CD drive or a DVD drive. I believe if you had been running windows on it you would have a 32-bit processor and probably a CD drive. You can also run other OS's like Ubuntu or any other linux distros...

Snowolf

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010

im useing windows xp home. and im just looking at getting it back up and running

shadowf0x

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
Are you looking to repair a broken system because of a faulty OS? If you have important data on there I would suggest you move it using an external hard-drive dock or something because it can read as a external disk when connected. This is because hard-drives, especially old ones, may have bad sectors or reached the end of their lives. If this is not the case, you can install any OS as long as it's the right one and you have the means to install it. By this I mean 32-bit vs 64-bit Operating systems and what you have to install it with.. a CD drive or a DVD drive. I believe if you had been running windows on it you would have a 32-bit processor and probably a CD drive. You can also run other OS's like Ubuntu or any other linux distros. Just google for them and make sure you download the right one and burn it correctly as an .iso

Solution

Snowolf

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010

thanks alot this is very helpful and its every thing i needed to know