Best Sony camcorder for...

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
December 1, 2004 9:06:00 PM

I'm going to be filming some older people sitting in their living
room, and need a high-quality camcorder for the final product. I'm
using Vegas software, so I want a Sony. I've heard that the old TRV-10
is a good camera. Since I need to have excellent quality, but am just
starting out, and only need living room lighting, mostly medium to
close-up shots, I wondered if anyone could suggest the best
entry-level camcorder. I'm not sure I need 3ccd, but will listen to
any suggestions. Thanks.

More about : sony camcorder

Anonymous
December 2, 2004 11:09:03 AM

Susan wrote:
> I'm going to be filming some older people sitting in their living
> room, and need a high-quality camcorder for the final product. I'm
> using Vegas software, so I want a Sony.

Why? Vegas was made by Sonic Foundry before Sony Digital Media bought
out the entire Sonic Foundy product line (Acid, SoundForge, CD
Architect, DVD Architect, etc.) There's no specific benefit to using a
Sony camera with it. If anything, the one thing I'd suggest is that
whatever camera you use, it's DV or MiniDV format and has Firewire
support, for full intergration with Vegas capture/edit controls.

> I've heard that the old TRV-10 is a good camera.

Have no experience with that model, but the old VX-1000 is an excellent
MiniDV unit. If you want something newer, check out the VX-2000.

I've also had a lot of experience with the JVC GL-1 and XL-1 series
cameras; both product lines are excellent pro-sumer quality MiniDV cameras.
!