Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Crappy ssd performance:/ Ocz solid 3/ P8Z68 v-pro

Last response: in Storage
April 14, 2012 10:36:23 PM

Hello,

I have a p8z68 v pro mobo and i have my ocz solid 3 ssd plugged into the sata3 intel ports on my mobo.

I am getting crappy read/write speeds though:( 
Crystal Disk Mark
Read: 199.5 MB/s
Write: 62.01 MB/s

When i boot it looks like its only checking the marvell controllers. When i plug them into my intel ports i see "not connected" during the boot process, but it still finds my disks and loads windows. I just don't know how to boost these speeds. I should definitely be getting better performance than this.

Please help!

i7 2600k
p8z68 v pro
850W PSU
60GB ocz solid 3 (sata3)
1TB Western digital (sata3)
Corsair H100 liquid cooling
8GB Corsair vengeance
White NZXT Phantom
a b G Storage
April 14, 2012 10:49:54 PM

several things.

the drivevcan only see the controller its plugged into. its a physical connection. so make sure yih are.plugged.into the SATA 6gb/s controller.

make sure the firmware us updated. SSDs are horrible about shipping with huge issues and needing firmware updates

3rd what test give those speeds? is it still snappy? some read/write tests give very different results then advertised and that should be expected.
m
l
April 25, 2012 2:58:42 AM

Yes as i said its plugged into my intel sata3(6gb/s) port. I suppose it could benefit from a firmware upgrade but my OS is installed on it so i don't think i want to go through that hassle. As i said in my first post i used Crystal Disk Mark to get my read/write speeds. I understand speeds used to give suggested performance may have been using a different test. After more research i found a few people with this ssd getting similiar results that i was. I think thats just the way it is. Kinda sucky that my hdd is getting better write speeds than an ssd but oh well.
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !

Best solution

a c 525 G Storage
April 25, 2012 8:42:46 PM

Your drive is fine and appears to be operating above advertised speeds.

Advertised speeds for OCZ drives are with ATTO and AS-SSD benchmark software.

AS-SSD & CrystalDiskMark use highly incompressible data to test Read/Write speeds.
ATTO uses highly compressible data to test Read/Write speeds.

Advertised AS-SSD speeds for your drive are "up to" 175MB/s Read and 60MB/s Write.

If you are looking for the advertised 500/450 Read/Write speeds then you have to benchmark with ATTO.

Here's the link for the spec sheet of your drive: http://www.ocztechnology.com/res/manuals/OCZ_Solid3_Pro...
April 27, 2012 10:15:39 PM

Best answer selected by Rogue45.
m
l
April 27, 2012 10:21:08 PM

Thanks Dereck47. Thats what i wanted. How did i miss that in my searching! Thanks for your help.
m
l
!