EcoGreen F4 2TB vs WD Caviar Black 1TB

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegamecpt

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2011
Your answer will make my day. :) Looking at two drives. :??:

1. WD Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM.
2. SAMSUNG EcoGreen F4 HD204UI 2TB 5400 RPM.

Questions:

1. Any performance difference between the 2 in terms of my workload (Handbrake, Torrent, Video storage, HD video playback)?

2. Is Caviar Black faster on HD 1080p video playback?

3. Can Samsung EcoGreen F4 perform well on multitasking (downloading, waching video, encoding)?

4. Noise level?

Right now, WD is for $135, EcoGeen F4 is for $107. Which one would you pick ?? :hello:

Any suggestion will help me a lot thank you !!

Solution
Both about the same noise level. Caviar is better for multiple tasks as it is a faster drive and is higher performance. Both will play back an HD 1080p the same as that is not a very difficult task.

The Caviar is a better performance drive for heavy use, and the F4 is a good storage drive.

RealBeast

Titan
Both about the same noise level. Caviar is better for multiple tasks as it is a faster drive and is higher performance. Both will play back an HD 1080p the same as that is not a very difficult task.

The Caviar is a better performance drive for heavy use, and the F4 is a good storage drive.

Solution

raven2510

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2012
I would also go with the WD Caviar Black. I have been running one for over 3 years now with no issues. They still come with a 5 year warranty on them too, which is a plus. Its a faster drive with more performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.