Help with AMD fx-8150 only 3.9?

StNolly

Honorable
Nov 14, 2012
So I have the AMD fx-8150 comes at 3.6 boost to 3.9. When I use Toverclocker's Auto option it only kicks up to the turbo at 3.9 I am fairly new to overclocking but its not that foreign to me. I have seen these proccesors get up to anywhere around 4.8 I have 750 watts and corsair H80i cooling. Im not sure what i can do to get this cpu past the 4.0 My reality goal is to get it to 4.3 any help is much appreciated. thanks guys!

Solution
Follow these steps and you'll be good to go:

1. Read several guides on fx overclocking (phenom II guides will work as well because they are very similar when it comes to OCing).
2.Don't use any auto overclocking apps
3.Don't overclock from the OS, always use BIOS
4.Use what you learned from the guides and do some testing.
5. Report your results to the AMD overclocking club.

No one is going to want to tell you exactly what to do since everyone's chip is going to overclock differently and repeating information that is readily available online is tedious.

mlcaouette

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2011
Follow these steps and you'll be good to go:

1. Read several guides on fx overclocking (phenom II guides will work as well because they are very similar when it comes to OCing).
2.Don't use any auto overclocking apps
3.Don't overclock from the OS, always use BIOS
4.Use what you learned from the guides and do some testing.
5. Report your results to the AMD overclocking club.

No one is going to want to tell you exactly what to do since everyone's chip is going to overclock differently and repeating information that is readily available online is tedious.

Solution

StNolly

Honorable
Nov 14, 2012

Thanks! your tip #3 helped me the most, i didn't realize you weren't suppose to use the oc software. I went to my BIOS and oc'd my CPU to 4.4! thanks for the help!!!