Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Help with AMD fx-8150 only 3.9?

Last response: in Overclocking
January 24, 2013 7:19:31 PM

So I have the AMD fx-8150 comes at 3.6 boost to 3.9. When I use Toverclocker's Auto option it only kicks up to the turbo at 3.9 I am fairly new to overclocking but its not that foreign to me. I have seen these proccesors get up to anywhere around 4.8 I have 750 watts and corsair H80i cooling. Im not sure what i can do to get this cpu past the 4.0 My reality goal is to get it to 4.3 any help is much appreciated. thanks guys!

More about : amd 8150

Best solution

a b K Overclocking
January 26, 2013 12:29:33 AM

Follow these steps and you'll be good to go:

1. Read several guides on fx overclocking (phenom II guides will work as well because they are very similar when it comes to OCing).
2.Don't use any auto overclocking apps
3.Don't overclock from the OS, always use BIOS
4.Use what you learned from the guides and do some testing.
5. Report your results to the AMD overclocking club.

No one is going to want to tell you exactly what to do since everyone's chip is going to overclock differently and repeating information that is readily available online is tedious.
January 26, 2013 11:22:58 PM

mlcaouette said:
Follow these steps and you'll be good to go:

1. Read several guides on fx overclocking (phenom II guides will work as well because they are very similar when it comes to OCing).
2.Don't use any auto overclocking apps
3.Don't overclock from the OS, always use BIOS
4.Use what you learned from the guides and do some testing.
5. Report your results to the AMD overclocking club.

No one is going to want to tell you exactly what to do since everyone's chip is going to overclock differently and repeating information that is readily available online is tedious.

Thanks! your tip #3 helped me the most, i didn't realize you weren't suppose to use the oc software. I went to my BIOS and oc'd my CPU to 4.4! thanks for the help!!!
m
l
January 26, 2013 11:23:05 PM

Best answer selected by stnolly.
m
l
!