Sign in with
Your question

Best Rendering PC for under 1000

Last response: in CPUs
May 27, 2010 9:59:18 PM

Ok so I am torn...I am trying to decide between these two comps.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

My main goal is rendering using 3Dsmax and Kerkythea. I also use Sketchup and AutoCAD like programs pretty heavily. Video Encoding would be second and Gaming third...I am having a tough time deciding between the AMD setup and Intel. I have heard that for direct rendering the AMD X6's are better due to the solid 6 cores.

If anyone has any other suggestions for a good PC to render for under 1000 let me know...

Thanks!

More about : rendering 1000

a c 131 à CPUs
a b À AMD
May 27, 2010 11:30:05 PM

They are... fairly equal. I would take the phenom II system for a couple reasons:
1. The extra 2 cores are excellent. Even though each core of the i7 performs better than each core of the phenom II. I would think your applications would do better with the added two cores. Although you will want to check that out yourself.
2. I overclock. So if it were my system, it would become a 4GHz 6-core.
3. I would take the 5750 over the old GTS250 any day. Plus it supports DX11.

Of course, if it were me, I would build a new computer from scratch to my exact specifications for less money. It's much easier than you might think.
m
l
a c 161 à CPUs
a b À AMD
May 28, 2010 3:25:18 PM

Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

I would go for the 1st one, BUT bear in mind that u maybe need change the GPU for a better one a 5850 for ur needs.
m
l
May 28, 2010 6:25:31 PM

Welcome to the forums good sir. Threading optimizations in 3dstudio max will make the 1055T a better choice overall because of its aditional cores. If you're planning on overclocking, then all the more reason to go with the 1055T box. That being said, you should probably also listen to saint's advice and invest in a better graphics card.
m
l
!