Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Is this program good for overclocking?

Last response: in Overclocking
January 24, 2013 9:33:10 PM

Hey i going to be buying this build very soon http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/p/z0Gm and im just wondering if this overclocking tutorial is good and 100% working http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmgTv5nwBu8 because i watched other tutorials and you have to go into bios etc and here its just one program that does everything and that's a bit suspicious but i don't know thats why im asking you lot :D  Thanks
January 24, 2013 9:34:11 PM

@edit

and also if this is a bad one could you please give me a video link to the best and simplest tutorial
m
l
January 24, 2013 11:58:06 PM

No for the most stable overclock...Use the bios,Dont use a program.Usually they never give you the full performance you could be getting.
m
l
Related resources
January 25, 2013 3:21:29 PM

and whats the best bios tutorial for overclocking i prefer video
m
l

Best solution

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 25, 2013 11:58:07 PM

^you need to read several guides and then do some overclocking in bios yourself before you will have a decent understanding.

Just do the work and read the guides, you'll save yourself time in the end by not having to relearn to overclock because you watched a video of someone who was clearly to lazy to write a guide and likely isn't very knowledgeable when it comes to overclocking.

Programs tend to put voltage to high and don't even come close to the max clocks for the chips.
January 26, 2013 12:06:58 AM

oh ok thanks for your help and i will do what you said.
m
l
January 26, 2013 12:07:03 AM

Best answer selected by adrianc1.
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 26, 2013 3:00:10 AM

No problem. Happy OCing, I expect to see your results in the amd overclocking club when your all done.

And just one more thing make sure you buy the fx 6300 not the fx 6200. The 6300 is second gen and is way better.
m
l
!