Sign in with
Your question

Wireless Internet Suddenly Really Slow?

Last response: in Networking
February 3, 2010 2:07:27 AM

I was downloading something today and I noticed that my browsing speeds and download speeds where alot slower than usual. I usually get about 300 KB/s but I now I'm only getting like less than 20 KB/s. On the other computer the downloads and browsing is fine but on this computer it's ridiculously slow. I tested my speed on speakeasy and it said about 300 KB/s but my actual download speed is really slow for some reason. I haven't changed anything on my computer lately and I scanned for viruses and nothing came up. Please help.
February 3, 2010 2:22:01 AM

Th3KaNgSt3R said:
I was downloading something today and I noticed that my browsing speeds and download speeds where alot slower than usual. I usually get about 300 KB/s but I now I'm only getting like less than 20 KB/s. On the other computer the downloads and browsing is fine but on this computer it's ridiculously slow. I tested my speed on speakeasy and it said about 300 KB/s but my actual download speed is really slow for some reason. I haven't changed anything on my computer lately and I scanned for viruses and nothing came up. Please help.

Did you try downloading the same file from the same place on both computers? Could it just be that the place you were trying to download from was the slow item? Or is all downloading slow on the machine? Are both machines wireless, or is one of them wired?
!