Homebuilt water cooling.

lenzokun

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013
:p

So i have started a project a awhile ago and just pulled it out of my back room and have been thinking about what to do with it. Here are the pics.

It is using a small or mini box fan i found A ring of black spray painted copper tubing zip tied to the fan and a crappy water block I found now the question is what should I use it for and also I need to find a pump for it. I would like some input.

https://plus.google.com/photos/113453284633177896739/albums/5837206983263116945?authkey=CJDviM61-IjmuQE

It is risky, and may leak. The water block manufacturers have R&D facilities to test their seals and product. That is why it is safer to go with such products.

They test for elastomer aging, pressure spikes, temperature fluctuations, vibrations, etc.

lenzokun

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013
Neh I have the H90 it works but I had to use two 120mm and stuff it all in a very small mid size case good idea with the EVO air cooler. Oh ya I have a Thermaltake Frio advanced the best air cooler i have ever used.

lenzokun

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013
-_- hmm.....ya my computers sit in my basement man cave lol with the wood stove dust and heat are common problems.

Wood stoves give out radiant heat in the infra red spectrum. Black computer cases will absorb such heat!

belezeebub

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
I remember very fondly the days when all Water cooling was home made so far be it for me to discourage you, My first WC system was hose from lowes, a small submersible aquarium pump in a bucket, a radiator from a pinto and the Block I made from sheets of copper soldered/brazed together then pressure tested with a bike pump over my sink, my hold down was random parts from my junk drawer and plastic washers assorted dry wall fasteners and whatever else I could make work I got a Pentium 66 up to 100 and was ever so proud.
If you want to build your own go for it but I agree the factory build ones are cheaper in the long run unless you have a CNC end mills and a Vacuum form machine in your shop.
As per you design I don’t think a simple coil of copper tubing would have enough surface area to disapate much heat you could solder/braze some fins on it and that would help but a basic radi at the junk yard would be cheaper and much better if you are truly bend on making it your own.
If not get good air cooler or a RS or XPC kit

TRENDING THREADS