Brand new system built from scratch won't boot...

smpreet

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2010
Hello,
I'm building a new rig, new motherboard, CPU, HDD everything from scratch. When I boot up I can get access to the bios screen but no further, if I just let the machine boot screen gose blank.
HDD and DVD Rom are SATA, HDD blank as it's brand new. MB is Nforce6m-a2, cpu AMD 6 core 1055t. Basically I'm at the point where I would want to install the OS but for some reason I'm able to get to that point in the boot sequence, screen just gose blank after the first stage of the sequence where I can access the bios.
I'm being really stupid and missing something obvious or is there something wrong with one of my components?
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,

D

Deleted member 217926

Damn I'm blind. Good catch about the MB alyoshka.

smpreet

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2010
Erm reason for the board is because it can take so much ram, that's one of the things I need, and I figured it's always good to future proof.
Also according to the MB makers website the board can take an AMD 6 core CPU

http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Product/Product_Detail.aspx?DetailID=1005&CategoryID=1&MenuID=19&LanID=0

I'm going through the check list now and will post back if either way. But now I'm really confused and somewhat concerned. I see that the processor isn't listed on the site you posted, but it's listed on the ECS site for the MB is question if you looks at the CPU tab it's on there...

Again I'll post back once I've gone through the check list.

THanks guys...

smpreet

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2010
OK ran through the check list, everything does appear to be in order.
Could it really be that this MB isn't compatible with the CPU? If so why would it be listed on the website.
I would have thought I wouldn't have gotten anywhere with booting up if the CPU wouldn't work with MB.
When I start up the rig DVD drive LED and HDD Led both flash.
If I hit F11 instead of DEL it lets me choose the boot device, obviously picking the HDD doesn't do any good because it's blank, but DVD Drive doesn't seems to work either, I pick it and the screen gose blank. Could this really be because the MB is incorrect?

Thanks again all...

smpreet

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2010
unfortunately i don't have the box foe the cpu anymore so this is what is written on the cpu itself...
AMD Phenom II
HDT55TFBK 6DGR
CCBBE CB 1016DPMW
9E28735D00240

Don't suppose that helps dose it?

HDT55TFBK6DGR / HDT55TFBGRBOX is the 125W.

Your MOBO does NOT support it. :( Therefore, you'll either need a NEW MOBO or contact ECS and see if the'll ever support it via a BIOS update. The MOBO's looks {chokes} don't scream power so only ECS can tell you for certain.

smpreet

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2010
CrapSticks!!! oh well looks like I'll have to get another MB, oh well i can use this one with quad core in another machine I'm putting together, thank you again guys, at least I did the building bit right lol...
Back to tiger direct I go... How would i check compatibility like that. In this case I just checked that the Mobo was the same socket type as the CPU which was AM3.

I'm looking at this Asus M4A78T-E Motherboard now, but it's only listed as going to x4 not x6. But there is a Mobo CPU combination that is this Mobo that gose with the 1090T 6 core. Based on that I'd assume it would work with my 1050T but based one what just happened I'm now nervous lol.