Will Cheaper one Provide ?

Viper98

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2010
Hi Guys if I was Going for Intel System but i need AMD system too ! So i wann get ATI 6870 or 5850 & 4Gb ddr3 1333MHZ ram with Phenom 965BE CPU ! i found this mobo , its so cheap ! ASUS - M4A88TD-M/USB3 & i found ASUS - M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 its more Expensive & i wanna know if Cheaper one will Fully provide me or not ? i wanna run Single Vga Card at 16X , no OC , No CF , no SLI plan ! Is there much Difference Between these 2 mobos ? ASUS - M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 ASUS - M4A88TD-M/USB3 ( Cheaper )

The cheaper one is mATX - less expansions slots (less good if you want to add tuners, sound cards, etc), for the rest is fine. Asrock mobos are also cheap, check them out (ASRock 870 EXTREME3).

You can get the cheaper 955, it's the same CPU. Where are you buying from?

As said, the cheaper board is MATX(4 expansion slots), it also has no esata or firewire if you need those.

The more expensive board, while based on the same chipset also has a much stronger power system If you plan to push very high clocks(overclock) then the more expensive boards power system may handle it better, but for moderate overclocking, either board will work.

EDIT, sorry, did not see the NO OC part.

Both board will effectively work the same for you. so YES

The 15 760 will range from about the same on some apps(games) to considerably faster on other apps(media encoding).