TDS level editor - signs of hope?

Interesting comments from two Ion Storm Thief DS devs on the Ion Storm Thief
forums regarding the status of the editor petition. There're no promises,
but the answers are....well, see for yourselves. I'll choose to interprete
those as "light at the end of the tunnel" (glass half full version) -- but
of course, that could still be a train (glass half empty).... ;)

http://forums.ionstorm.com/index.php?showtopic=212295

The comments you want to pay particular attention are those by 'null' and
'Faceless'.

- Mika L

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 09:28:27 +0300, "Mika Latokartano"
<mika.latokartano@REMOVETHIS.kolumbus.fi.invalid> wrote:

>Interesting comments from two Ion Storm Thief DS devs on the Ion Storm Thief
>forums regarding the status of the editor petition. There're no promises,
>but the answers are....well, see for yourselves. I'll choose to interprete
>those as "light at the end of the tunnel" (glass half full version) -- but
>of course, that could still be a train (glass half empty).... ;)
>
>http://forums.ionstorm.com/index.php?showtopic=212295
>
>The comments you want to pay particular attention are those by 'null' and
>'Faceless'.
>
>- Mika L

Sorry, but I've been burned too many times to get my hopes up. Now days I
only get my hopes up when I see the software shipping to market.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 08:50:39 GMT, Michael Cecil <macecil@comcast.net>
wrote:

>Sorry, but I've been burned too many times to get my hopes up. Now days I
>only get my hopes up when I see the software shipping to market.

No hopes up on my part either. I will, however, put my plans for an
excursion to Eidos' HQ with my fireman's axe, on ice for a while.
Always cross a vampire, never moon a werewolf

To reach me, swap spammers get bent with softhome

"Greger Hoel" <gregerh@spammersgetbent.net> kirjoitti viestissä
> On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 08:50:39 GMT, Michael Cecil <macecil@comcast.net>
> wrote:
>
> >Sorry, but I've been burned too many times to get my hopes up. Now days
> >only get my hopes up when I see the software shipping to market.
>
> No hopes up on my part either. I will, however, put my plans for an
> excursion to Eidos' HQ with my fireman's axe, on ice for a while.

I have a strange feeling that we might be pleasantly surprised, but
regardless, I'm not holding my breath. Releasing the editor is not a
trivial decision for Eidos, but something about Null's and Faceless'
comments made me wonder... At this point, I'm a glass half full kind-of-a
guy :)

- Mika L

"Mika Latokartano" <mika.latokartano@REMOVETHIS.kolumbus.fi.invalid> wrote
in message news:cgg1il$mts$1@phys-news1.kolumbus.fi...

> "Greger Hoel" <gregerh@spammersgetbent.net> kirjoitti viestissä
> > On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 08:50:39 GMT, Michael Cecil <macecil@comcast.net>
> > wrote:
> >
> > >Sorry, but I've been burned too many times to get my hopes up. Now
days
> > >only get my hopes up when I see the software shipping to market.
> >
> > No hopes up on my part either. I will, however, put my plans for an
> > excursion to Eidos' HQ with my fireman's axe, on ice for a while.
>
> I have a strange feeling that we might be pleasantly surprised, but
> regardless, I'm not holding my breath. Releasing the editor is not a
> trivial decision for Eidos, but something about Null's and Faceless'
> comments made me wonder... At this point, I'm a glass half full kind-of-a
> guy :)

If nothing else, I hope they release a mission pack or something.

"Paul Harris" <paul@NO-SPAMstudham74.fsnet.co.uk> kirjoitti viestissä

> If nothing else, I hope they release a mission pack or something.

That's a distinct possibility, and some have speculated that they might
release the editor along with a mission pack, get some money out of it by
piggybacking on a mission pack that has the same potential buyer base as TDS
had -- but all that's just speculation at this point. I'll remain hopeful,
but meanwhile play the FMs and hope that T2X will be released in the not too
distant future!

- Mika L

Mika Latokartano wrote:
> "Paul Harris" <paul@NO-SPAMstudham74.fsnet.co.uk> kirjoitti viestissä
>

>>If nothing else, I hope they release a mission pack or something.
>

> That's a distinct possibility, and some have speculated that they might
> release the editor along with a mission pack, get some money out of it by
> piggybacking on a mission pack that has the same potential buyer base as TDS
> had -- but all that's just speculation at this point. I'll remain hopeful,
> but meanwhile play the FMs and hope that T2X will be released in the not too
> distant future!
>
> - Mika L

I'd be happy if they just re-released the original missions on PC with
those silly loading zones removed.

Objekt
-waiting until it's bargain-binned otherwise

"Objekt" <ytdaw@verizon.net> kirjoitti viestissä

> I'd be happy if they just re-released the original missions on PC with
> those silly loading zones removed.

Amen, taffer!

- Mika L