Help !!! A horizontal line in my laptop screen

Dear All,

I am totally new to this group. I've been enjoying with my Sony Vaio
(PGX F880)laptop for the past 3years with Win 2000 / Solaris 8 .

Last week when i was working in my laptop, suddenly it draws a
horizontal line from left to right (or other way too!) . I rebooted,
but still i can able to see the line in BIOS screen also.

Before going to be Sony Support, I thought I can throw my query to
this group. Do you have any idea what could be the problem?. Do i need
to take any first aid?? Did any faced such a issue? Pls. share your
suggestions /ideas /experience.

Regards
Grp
2 answers Last reply
More about help horizontal line laptop screen

    "singpguy" <singpguy@yahoo.co.in> wrote in message
    > Dear All,
    >
    > I am totally new to this group. I've been enjoying with my Sony Vaio
    > (PGX F880)laptop for the past 3years with Win 2000 / Solaris 8 .
    >
    > Last week when i was working in my laptop, suddenly it draws a
    > horizontal line from left to right (or other way too!) . I rebooted,
    > but still i can able to see the line in BIOS screen also.
    >
    > Before going to be Sony Support, I thought I can throw my query to
    > this group. Do you have any idea what could be the problem?. Do i need
    > to take any first aid?? Did any faced such a issue? Pls. share your
    > suggestions /ideas /experience.
    >
    > Regards
    > Grp

    It might be a loose connector for that grid, but that's remote; the
    screen connector block on laptops is very tight. It is probably a
    failure in the screen itself. You could open the case and check the
    mainboard connection; you might get lucky; I would contact Sony support.
    Good luck with that if it is not under warranty. Sony typically (from
    reports) quotes a very high price for an LCD replacement out of
    warranty.

    This is typicall a problem with the LCD itself. Not the inverter or
    ribbon cable. A few companies including ours do LCD repair. Something
    you might consider if it is a more expensive LCD.

Laptops Laptop Screen Product