Decent Wireless Card

sk8man57

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2010
Hey, I'm looking for a decent wireless card, that will never drop connection. A month ago i bought a Belkin wireless card, turned out worse then my old one. Drops connection every 20min, drives me nut's, couldn't play any games or anything. So now I'm looking for suggestions on a decent Wireless card, that wont drop connection, and has a good range, for around $30. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Sorry if my punctuation is bad, forgetting what i learned in school a little everyday.

Solution
You need to find a card with a good chipset. Cheaper cards use cheaper chipsets that are not as sensitive and more prone to suffering disconnections from even minor interference.

It is like almost anything else, you get what you pay for.

EDIT: even buying a card with the best chipset in the world will not resolve all wifi issues. There are other factors involved as well.

rdc363

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2010
You need to find a card with a good chipset. Cheaper cards use cheaper chipsets that are not as sensitive and more prone to suffering disconnections from even minor interference.

It is like almost anything else, you get what you pay for.

EDIT: even buying a card with the best chipset in the world will not resolve all wifi issues. There are other factors involved as well.

Solution

sk8man57

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2010

Okay, thanks for the response. Looking for answer like this.