Does anyone know the FPS I'll be pulling in? (WoW question)

fezerlet

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
I'm in the market to buy a new computer. I will mainly use it for World of Warcraft and random online browsing. I'm not looking for the FPS or graphics to absoutely blow me away, but I would like to run the game on max settings with around 20-30FPS. Please tell me if you think this would do the job. Also, I know the graphics are integrated and if it comes down to me getting a new graphics card to run at max settings then I'll do that but my budget for it won't be higher that $75.

CPU1 : AMD Athlon™ II X2 dual-core processor 215
(2.7GHz, 2x512KB L2 cache, 4000MHz FSB)
Operating System2 : Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Chipset : NVIDIA® GeForce® 6150 SE
Memory4 : 4GB DDR2 dual-channel (2 × 2048MB)
Expandable to 8GB
4 DDR2 slots total, 2 DDR2 slots available
Hard Drive5 : 320GB 7200rpm SATA
Optical Drive : 16x DVD±R/RW Supermulti drive
Video : Integrated NVIDIA® GeForce® 6150 SE graphics

I checked the specs on the 6150SE for someone else earlier today, its on the same level as the Intel GMA X3500 which in no way shape or form could run wow at anything above minimal settings at 1024x768.

A 4670 can be attained for about $75 but likely wont let you max it out, what resolution is the monitor you will be playing on? Also have you considered building a rig rather than getting a cheapo dell or similar? You can do a lot better for the same price and in the end would be able to play at max settings likely. Whats your overall budget for the rig?

fezerlet

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
I'd say my budget will not exceed $500. However I'm not picky at all with the game. I've been using a laptop to play it for the last three years getting 15FPS on min settings. I would just like something better and nicer to look at that would be able to take the occasional raid.