Power Supply Antec EarthWatts 650W or CORSAIR 550W

Henry Chinaski

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
I don't know anything about your system. I guess that both have enough power for your system.
I have to say you that both PSUs are excellent choices. Anyway, at the same price I would go for the ANTEC Earthwatts 650W.
This PSU has been made by Delta Electronics which is one of the best PSU manufacturers nowadays. It has one PCIe 6-pin and another PCIe (6+2)-pin connectors (so multi-gpu is limited to cards that require only one pci-e power connector each) which are joined to take 12V3 all to themselves (25A). There are three independently regulated +12V rails in total (2x22A + 1x25A). Its voltage regulation is very good. The ripple and noise suppression is good enough.
It has high efficiency and thanks to it, the PSU keeps itself cool as well. Moreover, it performs quietly (the fan is an ADDA AD1212HB-A71GL, which is a high quality one)
Considering the affordable price, the Antec EarthWatts 650 is a great choice.
Anyway, you won't be disappointed at all if you decide to go for the Corsair VX550 (which has been made by CWT). It's a great PSU, but it is able to provide 100W less...