Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Desktops
  • Monitors
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
March 5, 2010 6:17:55 AM

Hi TH forums. I don't really know where to place this, so here goes.

I have a 30" monitor that has a screen resolution of 2560x1600. I have an HDTV that has a resolution of 1920x1080. What I want to do is to extend the desktop across both screens, so that the resolutions can be different and I have more screen space. Problem is, I want a certain window to be visible in both screens, because I don't want to glance over to the HDTV at the top to edit something and look at my monitor which is eye level to edit something else. I don't want to keep dragging windows across the screen, so is there a program/feature than allows me to duplicate the contents of a certain window? For example, I want a MS word document to be visible in both screens, and a change in one will reflect in both windows. Another example: I have monitoring software, and I want to see the software's window in both screens but want different programs in the remaining screen space of the monitors.

I might have confused you. Sorry about that. Thanks in advance.

More about : duplicate windows extended desktop

March 5, 2010 6:28:04 PM

Go to desktop properties, click on 2nd desktop and you should be able to extend the desktop over both. My buddy has the exact same set up, monitor is sitting in the kitchen and HDTV in the living room, both are mirror monitors at different resolutions.

EDIT: Their might be something different to do in ATI Catalyst, haven't used it since my X800.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 5, 2010 11:19:50 PM

What I mean is I don't want to mirror the ENTIRE monitor. I just want to mirror a certain window/program. Is there a program or feature that allows that?
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
March 5, 2010 11:29:01 PM

Interesting. I'll go see if the HD3450 installed in the system I was referring to supports Hydravision. It's not my system that I'll be using.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
March 5, 2010 11:53:04 PM

http://www.ishadow.com/?tabid=115
This could be what you are looking for.

Make your TV have 1 on the left 2 on the right and your monitor have 3 left and 4 right. Mirror 1 and 3 so that your word app will apear on both screens extend 2 and 4 so you will gain extra desktop space.
m
l
!