- Attached the PSU to the board
- Attached all of the LEDs and switches from the front panel to the MOBO (those little pins for HDD LED, Power LED, etc)
- Attached the PSI-e 6+2 pin connector to the mobo (though the two-pin attachment is unattached, is that fine?)
- Attached the front panel audio cables to the mobo
- Put the USB module into the USB connectors but am unsure as to which one I am supposed to use. Also, how do I apply the front-panel USB cable to it and which one would I use?
- Attached the SATA cables to the MOBO
I am a first time PC builder but do have decent knowledge of how they work. I just need some help on what else I need to check or make sure of.
Item 3 is PCI-E. The 6+2 pin is a dual purpose, in that some video cards require a 6-pin dedicated power connection; and some require an 8-pin. Your PSU has a 6+2 pin so that in the event you install a card that needs the 8-pin connector, you can use the same PSU. So, in this instance, your card only requires a 6-pin connection, so you are fine.
As for the USB concern, consult your manual or post the model number of your mobo so it can be checked/found online.