Sign in with
Your question

How do i Overclock this

Last response: in Overclocking
January 26, 2013 7:17:05 AM

HI all

I am a complete novice when comes to overclocking and wondered if someone can give me some step by steps on how to overclock the following CPU and even possible the GPU

AMD Bulldozer FX 6100
Asrock 970 extreme 3 motherboard
700w Powercool PSU
16gb DDR3 ram 1333mhz
HD7770 Crossfired

Thanks GUys

More about : overclock

a b À AMD
a b K Overclocking
January 26, 2013 7:19:33 AM

If one cannot find a guide on overclocking(there's hundreds), then I don't think one is ready to overclock just yet, as you may not know the terms as going blindly into it is the worst way.
January 26, 2013 7:25:31 AM

I know there are guides and its simple enough to find one but i always feel its better to ask on a forum so that people who actually understand the mobo and cpu along with the powersupply are taken into account as i beleive these items all have a bearing on what can and cant be done in overclocking
Related resources
a b À AMD
a b K Overclocking
January 26, 2013 7:33:06 AM

the problem about asking for a straight up forum post is that it tends to lack alot of information that can be useful to a overclocker. For instance, ill give the example of overclocking ram, some people may forget to tell a user that ram numbers are half speed on some motherboards, because ram is double data rate. something like that will probably not get lost in a guide.

il give an example, Sapphire Trixx uses the term Power Board Li, which other overclocking tools do not use. Someone who uses for instance MSI afterburner and never read or used Sapphire Trixx would not know what it means.(if you know what it is good, if not, then this is something that will probably be missed on a forum post).
January 26, 2013 7:44:50 AM

thanks that explains it a little better. So i am better of going away reading as much as i can then asking a specific question rather than a general one :-)
!