I have spent week on the phone with my manufacture
motherboard is Supermico X7DA8
I can not get my sata harddrive (Intel ESB2)working sata enhance mode, its running as ide worked with techs setup
raids and bios confugations
they do not have clue why is not woking talk many techs during the week they all need same setup time time after time
I really stumped about what to do
are you trying to swithc from IDE to ACHI in BIOS ? if so then its because Windows was installed with the BIOS settings in IDE mode, so windows loads the necessary drivers for that. then whe you change them to ACHI in BIOS the OS doesnt know what driver to use.
There is a work around if this is your problem.... let us know and I can post the fix
If it is your problem, here is a work around provided by sminlal in a different thread, which I used when switching my SSD from IDE to AHCI.
OK, so you've just changed the BIOS configuration from IDE to AHCI and it won't boot, is that right? If so, this is how you fix it:
1) Set the BIOS config back to IDE so you can boot Windows and (you guessed it) boot Windows.
2) Run the Registry Editor (regedit.exe)
3) Navigate to Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Msahci
4) Set the "Start" value to 0 (zero)
5) Shut down
6) Start up again, but before Windows boots go into the BIOS configuration screens and change the disk mode to "AHCI". Save the new BIOS configuration and restart so that Windows boots.
When Windows starts, it will detect the change, load new disk drivers, and do one more reboot to start up with them.