Gaming Multi tasking parts to take away

frii

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2007
Allright boys ang girls
I'm from europe, right now i'm in California and the prices for PC parts in states are so much cheaper that I just HAVE TO buy something here.
What i'm looking for.
I prefer AMD system. later on i will make 3 Screen so i have only 1 choice and it's Radeon.
I'm online poker addict i can play in multiple sites and a lot of tables in each.
to get off the tilt i like gaming so i don't need just a system that can support 3 Screens i also need some system that can handle my gaming needs, i'm not seeking for HighEnd over helming machine, but for something that can run high quality on 3 screens.

Ok. to get whole system to europe it will cost me a fortune, so i will just get some parts.
Unfortunatley i cant buy all the thing and send by mail back home because i'm working on cruise ship and all items will be sent to ship and i'm not able to take them off the ship without decleration and a lot of procedures.
In my must get list is
GPU, RAM, CPU and Maybe MoBo
Rest i will get back at home.
I really would like to buy MoBo but i don't know about the size but must likely i could just put it in my Laguage.
So far i have made the list what would i like to get, but i still have some questions about choosing some items.

ok
Mobo
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3 AMD 790X ATX AMD Motherboard [$119.99]
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131402

GPU ~[$330]
Ok i would really like to get 5850 but i think for my needs it's too expensive. From games i'm expecting not the super duper Graphic but how interesting is the game. My most favorite games still is War Craft 3, Star Craft and Quake 3 right now i'm playing my Dragon Age on my laptop
8600M GT Nvida Gforce
T8100
3 gb
And i dont feel need for performance only fan is killing me, it's so loud sometimes it just feels like my laptop is gone take off :)
About GPU i want it to last for 2 years min. I mean so i can play newest games and not on the lowest settings.

CPU
I'm looking on
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor Model HDZ955FBGIBOX - Retail [$165.99]
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103674

RAM
Everybody is suggesting Ripjaws. ~[$109]
So here i'm between choosing those two
In most of thread for AMD sys 1333 is recommended but i don't understand why 1333 for AMD is better than 1600 :-/
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL8D-4GBRM - Retail
and
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL - Retail

So far it's around $720 total and it's only for 4 parts i still have to get the case, PSU and 3 of kind same Screens :( and ofcourse Display Port Adapter for 100++ $

Right now i can't understand do i really need such an expensive machine.
I really would like to get some advice.

Most likely i'm not gona do OverCloacking.

The next reasonable step down from the 5850 is the 5770 at $170ish US. It will play almost any game at high settings (maybe not max settings) on a 1920x1080 monitor. The 5770 is a fairly low power, quiet graphics card with good performance.

For RAM the timing is almost as important as the speed. You have listed a CAS8 timing DDR3-1333 kit and a CAS9(slower) timing DDR3-1600 kit. Probably effectively identical speed wise. CAS7 is generally the fastest timing you can find at a cheap price for DDR3 RAM.

You could save money by going with an Athlon II x4 CPU ($100) instead of the Phenom II. With the kind of multitasking you are doing you probably wont see any difference in performance.