Sign in with
Your question

Hp motherboard fried?

Last response: in Motherboards
November 20, 2010 2:58:39 AM

hey i have a broken hp laptop. I took out the motherboard. Now the batteries dont respond . When I plug it in, the blue light next to the jack goes on but no other lights. I turn on the machine, but its dead. Nothing happens. Did i connect it wrong when i put it back together, or is the motherboard useless and i should get a new one?
thanks

More about : motherboard fried

a c 85 V Motherboard
November 20, 2010 3:22:26 AM

Was it not working or was the same thing happening before you got the mobo out and put it back in?
If the same thing was happening before you opened pandora's box then you've probably got a fried mobo. But if it was functioning before you got it out and put it back in, than, you've got bad connections or wrong ones in place on the mobo.....could be something not connected on it that should have been there.
The connectors are pretty flimsy on laptop boards so you really must be very careful.....
m
l
November 25, 2010 11:17:02 PM

alyoshka said:
Was it not working or was the same thing happening before you got the mobo out and put it back in?
If the same thing was happening before you opened pandora's box then you've probably got a fried mobo. But if it was functioning before you got it out and put it back in, than, you've got bad connections or wrong ones in place on the mobo.....could be something not connected on it that should have been there.
The connectors are pretty flimsy on laptop boards so you really must be very careful.....

first i had the infamous black screen problem, i put mobo in the oven for about 10 min (youtube said i should) when i put it back together nothing works,dont know if i fried the mobo or just connected it wrong. The jack light is on (blue) but the power button doesnt work and the fan doesnt work and none of the panel lights. Should i buy new mobo or take it apart and try to connect that 1 the right way?
Thanks
m
l
Related resources
a c 85 V Motherboard
November 26, 2010 5:25:31 AM

For me this is a new one....... that's not a fried mobo it's literally baked... :) 
Never heard of this kind of a remedy before today..... but someone sure must have done it, but it is surprising that you didn't ask anyone before you went and baked your mobo.
It's like me breaking a leg and going to the mechanic to get a piston change.....
You'd best buy a new mobo and get it working.....
m
l
November 26, 2010 5:42:13 PM

alyoshka said:
For me this is a new one....... that's not a fried mobo it's literally baked... :) 
Never heard of this kind of a remedy before today..... but someone sure must have done it, but it is surprising that you didn't ask anyone before you went and baked your mobo.
It's like me breaking a leg and going to the mechanic to get a piston change.....
You'd best buy a new mobo and get it working.....

Thanks I also have a problem with a dell inspirion 6400. Just bought a new motherboard. hey i just got the motherboard. I have one issue on the old one there was a long outlet to connect video. This one has a white line in the spot where the jack should be. Should I install the motherboard without the video and the heatsink for the video? Is there a way to pull the jack off old motherboard and put it on new one? Thanks

Basically the old one had a separate video card, The new one is integrated i think, eventho I dont see a chip. Should I install the new one and not worry about video?
m
l
a c 85 V Motherboard
November 27, 2010 3:27:02 AM

It'd be better to remove the Video card from the Old Mobo if it is in one of the slots on the board and put it onto one of the compatible slots on this board.
Since usually the an add on card is better then the onboard one , but, this is relative to models, so firstly you'd better just let the onboard thing work. If that works and you're happy with the resolutions and everything else. Stick to it, if not, then either go in for a new GPU or try the old one in this board and see if they are compatible and give you desired results....
m
l
!