Wow with ultra details settings

begrom

Distinguished
May 28, 2010
Hello, anyone could tell me what would be the minimum system to have if I wanna play at maximum resolution with that game using Windows 7. Processor, memory and graphic card. Thank you to anyone who takes time to read my question.

gangstap

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2010

I have a 5850 and I can't max out the shadows without getting extreme choppiness and low fps. I have heard that "coding" is the culprit for less than stellar graphic performance even with the best hardware. Or, maybe there is something wrong with my setup (I don't think this is the case but you never know).

logainofhades

Titan
Yes shadows maxed out kills just about everything. I have also heard it was something in the coding for the shadows. I just leave them turned off and max out everything else. I was able to do that with a Core 2 E8190 @ 3.2ghz and an HD 3870 @ 1680 x1050, so it kinda depends on your resolution. Pretty much any modern dual core or better (core 2, Athlon II, and up) with a midrange or better graphics card can play maxed out with shadows off. I currently play @ 2048 x1152 with my current system, maxed out / shadows off, with no issue.

So for minium I would say Athlon II of around 2.8-3.0, 4gb ddr3, and a 5670/5750/5770 1gb would do just fine.

jonpaul37

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
I have been playing WOW on and off for some years now and the one thing i have learned is that it performs much better with a quad core as opposed to a dual core CPU. I have also used an ATI 5870 and an Nvidia GTX 285 and there really is not much difference, in both cases i am unable to max out everything (including shadows) without choppiness/hit to FPS. This is not true for all areas though, Dalaran is the test bed for anything you want to test out, just near the fountain statue thing near the south bank in Dalaran is the most demanding area in WOW, if you can max out everything and get 60+ FPS in that area, you are good to go. Check my sig below, this is the system i used to test this and i got 45-ish FPS at full max settings in that area.

Good luck! :)