Impossible overclock with asrock z77 extreme4 + i5 3570k

for starters, when overclocking, don't pick a number and expect to get that overclock. Its a step by step thing, and don't expect just because someone else has overclocked using certain settings, that it will work for you. Every CPU and motherboard will OC differently. First make sure any power saving features are off like intel speedstep that will down clock the cpu at idle, I suspect that is whats happening. And then increase the multiplier by 1x, and test for stability. keep upping multiplier untill its not stable, then you can look at getting it stable past that point by increasing voltages etc. you will need to get hwmonitor to monitor temps, a cpu stress test program like prime95, and some other benchmarks to make sure its stable. If you have the stock intel cooler don't bother overclocking at all until you get a better cooler.

Emarleau

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013

Yes I changed my cooler for the hyper 212. I will recheck if my settings in the bios are ok and retry the stress test with Prime95. I will do this after work

Thanks for your help

Emarleau

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013
I put my bios setting to default, changed my core frequency to 35, disabled the intel speedstep but cpu-z still show 3400mhz. I even try the "Advanced turbo 30" and "Load optimised CPU setting" same thing. I really don't know what to do now...

I hope you don't have difficults to understand me english is not my native language.

hdeezie80

Honorable
Jul 18, 2012
Try both of these, set in windows power options to high performance, if that doesn't work by itself go back into bios and disable all of your C states that will lock it at the top multiplier but it will still be going full speed when your PC is in sleep mode