Sign in with
Your question

New build keeps locking up?

Last response: in Systems
March 19, 2010 11:09:31 PM

Hello all, i just finished putting together my first build. The build contains
-MSI 785GM-E65 mobo
-AMD Athlon ii x3 435 processor (completely stock right now)
-Samsung 500gb 7200rpm 16mb cache hard drive
-2gb Super Talent DDRr 1333mhz ram

I just installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

I am having a few problems with it though. The internet is terribly slow. I was first getting download speeds of 750 bytes a second then i installed the disc that came with the mobo and downloaded all the drivers. Was getting about 10kb/s. Then i went into windows update and downloaded just the Lan driver. Now i am getting anywhere from 25kb/s to 35kb/s. This should be way higher shouldn't it? My last pc that was from 2000 was getting download speeds of 180kb/s. My laptop right next to me is going way faster on the internet.

Also when i am trying to download the windows updates it always freezes up and just sits here. It will do this anytime i am trying to download anything.

Any help? :o 

More about : build locking

March 20, 2010 8:37:16 AM

Internet Provider ??
Type of Svc ??
Type of connection / port ??
Router / Switcher ??
Users on connection ??
WEP turned on ?? Firewall ?? Hitch-hikers ??
Exact OS ??
Browser ?? Version ??
Windows speed tweaks ??

March 20, 2010 2:10:56 PM

Got the internet figured out. Having problems with it locking up though. Appears to be a power supply issue.
March 20, 2010 3:29:27 PM

I'm going to say this very softly and I am only going to say it one time.

The link below contains our troubleshooting thread. If you read it very carefully and do/check each and EVERY step (methodically) ... Then, this thread will FIX your problem 90% of the time AND it will ISOLATE your problem to one failed component, the OTHER 10% of the time.

Do exactly ALL what it says, make NO assumtions, DO NOT skip any steps ...

... Or ... die.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-read-postin...

Any questions or clarifications, feel free to ask, during this TS process. It could definately be a poorly seated RAM stick or GPU ... It could be POOR COOLING ...
... It could be a brass standoff, making intermittent contact w/back of mobo.

= Alvin =

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-read-postin...
!