Tags:
  • Nvidia
  • Intel i7
  • SLI
  • Corsair
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 5, 2010 2:20:14 PM

I have a core i7 920, 12gb ddr3, 2x GTX 285 (SLI), 3 1TB HD, 1 lite-on recorder.
I'm currently using 850w seventeam but the psu is faulty and I'm planning on exchanging for 750w corsair, will it be enough to run my system smoothly?

More about : 750w corsair psu suffice sli

Best solution

March 5, 2010 5:17:11 PM

While the corsair is very high quality and might handle it... GTX 285s are beasts. I would recommend you go higher.

The Corsair PSU calculator suggests 950-1000w. Its rather conservative, so I think you would be ok with the 850w model--but I wouldnt go lower.

Edit: Give yourself some wiggle room--especially if you plan to overclock anything. A stronger PSU will run more efficiently and cooler than one running near peak load.

This is on a mock system, but might offer some perspective as to just how much power you will use in relation to other setups:

...with this system it may actually be economical to get a silver/gold certified supply--you might make the money back on your electric bill. Seasonic, Antec, PC Power and Cooling, and OCZ also make some very good high-wattage power supples you could look at.
March 5, 2010 5:30:45 PM

Well, since you're going with 2 GTX285's, we need the exact PSU model :p 

Cheers!
m
l
March 9, 2010 10:04:33 PM

Best answer selected by rosenberg.
m
l
!