Windows Xp desktop background settings

itguy

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2004

I have been looking for a way to have the same desktop background (locked)
for every user that logs in. How can this be done? It needs to work for
users that have never logged into the system before.

-
ITGuy

Group Policy.

If XP Pro you can use Group Edit...

Start | Run | Type: gpedit.msc | OK |

Navigate to >>>
User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Desktop\Active Desktop\
Active Desktop Wallpaper
[[Specifies the desktop background ("wallpaper") displayed on all users'
desktops.]]

User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Control Panel|Display\Desktop
Themes\
Remove Theme Option
[[If you enable this setting, it removes the Themes tab.]]

Look around there're more.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:8F0BC7CF-518E-451B-A099-24CA798B3632@microsoft.com,
ITGuy <ITGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> I have been looking for a way to have the same desktop background
> (locked) for every user that logs in. How can this be done? It
> needs to work for users that have never logged into the system before.
>
> -
> ITGuy

I Recently had a problem wherein a trojan was loaded onto my computer. A
warning message came up on my desktop, so I ran a spyware removal utility and
removed the offensive code. Subsequently, I have been unable to change the
background picture. When I right-click on the desktop and bring up
properties, there is no tab which will allow me to change the desktop
picture. When I open a picture and right-click and choose, "set as desktop
background" nothing happens.

Any suggestions?

Go to this web site:

Download and run the registry edit on line 285, right hand side,
"Restore all display tabs".

--
Nepatsfan
"L A Leopold" <L A Leopold@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in