How do i get USB 2.0

I recently reformatted my computer and now whenever i plug in a USB device it comes up with the ballon saying that it can perform faster if its plugged into a usb 2.0 etc... I click on it and it says i have no USB 2.0 Ports. How can i install the drivers or whatever i need for the usb 2.0. it was working perfectly fine before i reformatted. i looked around on the internet and it says it comes in a windows update. if it does can someone please tell me which one and possibly give me a download link because at the moment i am not able to download them all. In device manager my current driver is a Intel 80801G (ICH7 Family) USB Universal Host Controller 27C8. There is no 'Enhanced Host Controller' which i have read is what gives you the USB 2.0.
2 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware
  1. I finally found the problem
    in Bios there was no option for USB 2.0,
    all i had to do was reset optimised defaults in bios and the option was back again
    thanks for you help.
  2. If your using XP, you need to be running SP2 and install the chipset INF software from Intel.

Check your motherboard CD or download from http://downloadcenter.intel.com/download.aspx?url=/15078/eng/infinst_autol.exe&DwnldId=15078&lang=eng
Ask a new question

Read More

USB Components