How to clean a graphic card???

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Fan
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
January 27, 2013 3:54:52 AM

sorry not sure if i posted on right section

but how do i clean my graphic card(not the fan)?? there's a lot of dirt on the card but I'm scared that i damage the card :pt1cable: 

More about : clean graphic card

a b U Graphics card
January 27, 2013 4:11:07 AM

You could use some compressed air or just use a paper towel to wipe the excess dust. Are you talking just on the outside of the card or inside it as well? If so, you can just remove the shroud and then wipe with a paper towel inside. What card do you have?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
January 27, 2013 4:13:37 AM

Depends..What part is it your trying to clean? PCB or the heatsink?.... if it the plastic casing around the card i would use maybe some rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball.. or a very lightly moist ragg and wipe it off. now it is more stuff like the PCB.. i would just wipe it off with a dry micro fiber cloth. and maybe blow it off with canned air or a air compresser
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
January 27, 2013 12:10:12 PM

jthill909 said:
You could use some compressed air or just use a paper towel to wipe the excess dust. Are you talking just on the outside of the card or inside it as well? If so, you can just remove the shroud and then wipe with a paper towel inside. What card do you have?

just the top part of the card, i don't dare clean the inside xD
m
l
January 28, 2013 9:20:32 AM

Dip it in the bath.
m
l
January 28, 2013 12:10:53 PM

jeffrey159 said:
MSI gtx670

about 8 months already

Just dust off using a soft brush, it won't damage the card.
m
l