Sign in with
Your question

When i shutdown my laptop the screen shut dowen but the power button still light

Tags:
  • Configuration
  • Laptops
  • Light
  • Shutdown
  • Power
  • Windows 8
Last response: in Windows 8
January 2, 2013 4:49:47 PM

When i shutdown my laptop the screen shut dowen but the power button still light remains on i dnt know how to properly shutdown my laptop

More about : shutdown laptop screen shut dowen power button light

a c 249 D Laptop
a b * Windows 8
January 2, 2013 4:50:36 PM

Hi :) 

Power button or charging button ?

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
January 2, 2013 5:05:08 PM

its the power button from where u can turn off the laptop.when i shut down my laptop no matter what os it is running the screen gets black showing its torned off but power button,fan and dvd rom still runs showing that it has power i have to shut it down by pressing the key for 5 seconds.help please why it does not completely shuts down???
m
l
Related resources
a c 249 D Laptop
a b * Windows 8
January 2, 2013 5:07:04 PM

Hi :) 

You DID run the 8 compatibility wizard BEFORE you upgraded to 8 of course ?

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
January 2, 2013 5:32:41 PM

i m running windows 7 on it but still having the same problem i have to properly shut down it by pressing the power button
m
l
a c 249 D Laptop
a b * Windows 8
January 2, 2013 5:49:40 PM

hamza razzaq said:
i m running windows 7 on it but still having the same problem i have to properly shut down it by pressing the power button

This is the 8 section.....
m
l
January 2, 2013 6:09:36 PM

perviously it was running on windows 8 and i have checked the compatibility also and its good HP 1000-1140TU Notebook PC core i3 2.4 2gb of ram.i dont know whats the problem with shut down
m
l
January 2, 2013 6:12:09 PM

are you sure your shutting down and not sleep or hibernating it...
m
l
January 18, 2013 9:34:19 AM

i m properly shutting down my pc
m
l
December 30, 2013 5:11:06 AM

its also happening to me right now. I using windows 8. I can shutdown properly... the screen turns black but theres still at my power button.
m
l
February 1, 2014 10:40:04 AM

When i shutdown my laptop the screen shut dowen but the power button still light remains on i dnt know how to properly shutdown my laptop
m
l
March 2, 2014 5:39:31 AM

Hi
Hold [SHIFT] key and then click shutdown
m
l
March 20, 2014 7:01:12 AM

Hi, i'm having the same issue, you tell your computer to shut down, it shuts down what is running but than the power light and fan are still on (haven't checked to see if my dvd player is). Even when i was running Ubuntu for a while it would do this to me. Since than i put the original version of Windows 7 on my computer hoping that i was just Ubuntu causing that problem (among many), but it wasn't. Could this be from the OS not being installed properly, or perhaps a bad driver?
m
l
June 3, 2014 3:15:16 PM

I too am having the same problem with my new Dell laptop (less than a month old). I click shut down, the screen goes black but lights and fan still going strong. I can only shut down properly by forcing a shut down by holding the on/off button for several seconds. Sad that there don't seem to be any answers.
m
l
June 3, 2014 11:06:53 PM

Hold [SHIFT] key and then click shutdown
m
l
June 11, 2014 9:39:55 PM

jpovey said:
I too am having the same problem with my new Dell laptop (less than a month old). I click shut down, the screen goes black but lights and fan still going strong. I can only shut down properly by forcing a shut down by holding the on/off button for several seconds. Sad that there don't seem to be any answers.

m
l
June 14, 2014 10:49:49 PM

1. go to power options in control panel
2. go to left side options in what does power button do
3. click on the link "change settings which are currently unavailable"
4. uncheck fast startup option recommended by windows
5. save changes
6. try to shut down now

fast startup---- it just shuts down the computer and remove power from essential components like hdd, ram, cd rom, cpu
but doesnt turn off lights to lower boot time...
m
l
June 15, 2014 3:24:06 AM

Hi,
One or more of the Drivers is incompatible with Windows 8.x, it can be a hardware driver or software like virtual printers or anti-viruses.
To test this install Windows and install only hardware drivers then before installing any software test system sleep/shutdown and install one by one another things to find which driver is incompatible
m
l
June 16, 2014 10:48:15 AM

jpovey said:

m
l
June 16, 2014 10:54:32 AM

Hi I've been having the same trouble but i read your comment and have held down the on/off button and its worked thank you for your answer
m
l
October 6, 2014 3:25:52 AM

sahil thnks man u are my hero
<3 guys try sahil method 100 % can solve this problem :) 
m
l
11 minutes ago

When I shutdown my laptop the screen shut down but the start button still light not shut down completely
m
l
!