Sign in with
Your question

Make and receive telephone calls via voice modem

Last response: in Windows 7
October 22, 2011 3:00:07 PM

All I want to do is make and receive land line phone calls on my pc. NOT VOIP. Using a USB headset and USB voice modem. Please can you tell me the specification I need for the modem and suitable software to make it all work
a b $ Windows 7
November 2, 2011 8:40:45 AM

Hello BigMal;

Does your Telco have any recommendations on what to use?
Your hardware/software will need to work their equipment.
February 4, 2012 5:34:55 AM

BigMal said:
All I want to do is make and receive land line phone calls on my pc. NOT VOIP. Using a USB headset and USB voice modem. Please can you tell me the specification I need for the modem and suitable software to make it all work

Originally, I was looking for a solution to make/receive phone calls using PC, modem, telephony software and landline. Strictly, I do not want to use Internet/VOIP.

After reading a lot in Internet, I finally settled on the following simple solution that works very well for me.

Bought PROLINK 56K USB Fax/Data Modem 1456UC. Installed on my PC, it works fine. Dial tel number using Windows 7 Phone Dialer. Talk using normal phone.

Peri
Related resources
February 4, 2012 5:38:53 AM

BigMal said:

Originally, I was looking for a solution to make/receive phone calls using PC, modem, telephony software and landline. Strictly, I do not want to use Internet/VOIP.

After reading a lot in Internet, I finally settled on the following simple solution that works very well for me.

Bought PROLINK 56K USB Fax/Data Modem 1456UC.
Installed on my PC, it works fine.
Dial tel number using Windows 7 Phone Dialer.
Talk using normal phone.

Peri
June 18, 2012 6:26:13 AM

user2616 said:

Bought PROLINK 56K USB Fax/Data Modem 1456UC. Installed on my PC, it works fine. Dial tel number using Windows 7 Phone Dialer. Talk using normal phone.

Peri

Hi,
Nice to hear that you are able to dial tel number using windows 7 phone dialer. I also want to simulate the same.
Does this prolink modem has speaker and mirocrophone points in itself.. or you connect speaker and microphone to PC ?

Any help on the same will be higly appreciated.
!