Sign in with
Your question

Coaxial Output on EP31-DS3L

Last response: in Motherboards
November 20, 2010 2:45:37 PM

Hi, i have an EP31-DS3L which has 2 digital outup, one coaxial and another optical. I connected the coaxial to my home theater and tryed to activate the digital output, but it doesn´t work. I found in other posts that the problem could due to the driver, so i updated them but the problem remains.
Please help me to solve it....
a c 177 V Motherboard
November 21, 2010 12:31:20 PM

Have you done this?

Go to the sound manager, check the tabs at the upper left:

Here, you can see mine is defaulted to speaker out (shows the peculiar looking checkmark); select the "digital output" tab as shown, click on the "Set Default Device", checkmark should move here:

That should do it!
Related resources
a c 177 V Motherboard
November 22, 2010 1:54:39 PM

I will be assembling a system today (and maybe tomorrow) that likely has that same driver (in inglese, se vi piace!), and will try to figure out where to make the setting...
November 22, 2010 2:04:50 PM

mothertong german, italian fluently....english is also OK; so the choice to you:D 
a c 177 V Motherboard
November 23, 2010 12:51:34 AM

Well, a thousand apologies, and a couple ^%$#'s - nothings happening on my end for a few days - some idiot (name of bilbat, I believe) ordered a cheap board for someone, and an IDE DVD, like he always does, to conserve on SATA connections - then discovered one of the reasons the GA-H55M-S2V is so cheap is it has no IDE connector! Duh!

Hmm.. German is a sore point with me - grandparents were immigrants, and spoke German all the time - EXCEPT 'around the kids'! Thought we ought to just speak English (a sentiment that seems to have vanished among our current crop of immigrants...) - so, could have learned it 'for free', with no effort, but robbed! The only thing I ever learned was when grampa'd burn himself welding, or hit his thumb nailing, THEN I'd learn a choice few words! Had to struggle later with Spanish & French, nuns beat Latin into me - and am currently working on Mandarin...
!