Please tell me what you think of my new rig!!!!

hello there i'm about to build the pc of my dreams, and just wanted to know what everyone thinks, so here go's,

cpu: amd phenom ii x4 3.2ghz
mobo:asus m4a79xtd
gpu: xfx radeon 5770 1gb
ram: 8gb g-skill ddr3 1600
psu: ocz stealthXstream 700watt
case:rosewill tu-155
optical: dvd rw
2nd optical: blu ray reader
monitor: asus 23.6" 1080p

i dont know much about over clocking so i'm just gonna leave everything how it comes. but what do you think please be honest thank you for your input.
12 answers Last reply
More about please
  1. hello there i'm about to build the pc of my dreams plus my first build period, and just wanted to know what everyone thinks, so here go's,

cpu: amd phenom ii x4 3.2ghz
    mobo:asus m4a79xtd
    gpu: xfx radeon 5770 1gb
    ram: 8gb g-skill ddr3 1600
    psu: ocz stealthXstream 700watt
    case:rosewill tu-155
    optical: dvd rw
    2nd optical: blu ray reader
    monitor: asus 23.6" 1080p

i dont know much about over clocking so i thinki'm just gonna leave everything how it comes. but what do you think please be honest thank you for your input.
  2. What are you going to be using it for? If you are going to be gaming only i suggest dropping down to 4GB of ram and spending a bit more for a higher quality PSU like the Corsair 750TX. It should be able to play games on high at that resolution fairly easily.
  3. Looks great !!!! (four exclamation points)

We can do you better on case and PSU but looks like you r happy with ...

You didn't say if this is a mainly gaming rig but looks like that ...

Unless you are going to be rendering lots of video, you can do just fine with 4GB DDR3 (2x2GB CAS7 RipJaws)

Get a SAMSUNG DVDR

BluRay will be MUCH cheaper this xMas ... if you can wait ...

ALSO ... Buy a stand alone BluRay Player at Wal-Mart, if that is just to watch movies.

= Alvin =
  4. My recommendation:

Drop down to 4GB of RAM and use the money to jump up to the ATI 5830, which will perform better at 1920x1080.

You don't list were you are buying from, so it is hard to recommend an alternative or combo deals to save additional cash.
  5. Just a personal opinion ... I would avoid the 5830.

5770 >>> 5850 >>> 5870 (pretend like the 5830 does not exist).

This is ATi salvaging dumpster refuse. That is correct. They WERE throwing these in the trash bin, till some genius decided to create a new price point.

These cards failed the 5870 test and the 5850 test ... higher general "flake-factor", if you ask me ...

... If you gave me a choice between a FREE 5770 and a FREE 5830, I would definately go for the 5770 (top of it's tier).

5850 to play at 1080P tho ...

stretch for the best GPU you can afford and build "down" around that.

= Al =
  6. http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/284037-33-5770-5830-head-head

Though, the performance IS inline with pricing AND I have not seen lots of bad reviews (yet) ...

... My reasonning (right or wrong) is that, if this 5830 failed to make the grade for 5870/5850 tests, the maybe there were "doping impurities" or a "bad run" or some process-related issues with a particular batch. Basically, they are turning off failed pipelines (or failed "whatever") but this isn't all that different from how INTEL/AMD sort their CPU bins.

Just one of those "not me" things.

= Looks good on YOU, though ! =
  7. What do you need 8GB's for?...get 4GB and use the saved $ for a possibly a small SSD, or a better GPU, or get the amd 965 so you have a 3.4 instead of the 955 which is 3.2 ;)
  8. No.
    Don't get the 965.
    It is the exact same chip with the multiplier upped- something you can do in seconds.
  9. zact-ly =
  10. Get a hyper 212 ... and the 955 ... that is a very PORTABLE cooler. (1366 ?? ?? )
  11. part # for the 955 ends with "MBOX" (not IBOX) ...
  12. This next topics has been merged by Mousemonkey
    My first build, gonna be a beaut hopefully, tell me what you think
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems