Can't get computer to boot off the dvd

kizmetkat999

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2012
hi. ok here we go. after i installed a new mb in my computer i had to do a fresh install of xp. I put the disk in, turned it on and it loaded all the initial drivers. then i got the bsod. it said that there was something wrong with pci.sys. I researched that error message and found out that i had to have a version of xp that had sp2 or 3 on it. then i found out i could slipstream the contents of my original setup disk with sp3, make it bootable, burn it to a dvd and - voila - problem supposedly solved. well i followed the directions to the letter and i really thought it was gonna work. the 'integrate' process did exactly what it was supposed to do. the burn process did too. but alas, i put the disk in my computer, try to boot off it, and i get an error message that says 'error loading operating system'. if anyone has any ideas please share them with me. i've put my heart and soul into getting this computer back up and running.
thank you.
ingrid

kizmetkat999

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2012
I should probably elaborate a little more. my landlord killed the power at the panel with no notice. my computer wouldn't start after that. after testing i was able to determine that my mb had gotten fried. i bought a new one. it was a different brand. first one was a gigabyte, the new one is an intel. the cpu is a Core 2 Duo 2.33 ghz. i got it all put back together and it fired up ok. (yeah!) but i have to reinstall the operating system.
hope thats enough background. just ask if you need any other info.
thanks again