Gtx 550ti oc ?

jakepf1

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
Hey, I would like to know will overclocking the gtx 550ti will give me an increase in fps while playing battlefield 3 ? How much more fps can I get ?

Solution
You get much less of a performance increase out of GPU overclocking than you do from CPU overclocking. I'd say its around a 3-4 increase in FPS for a ~10% overclock. That being said, you may as well overclock, there is almost risk involved with GPU overclocking.

To overclock, I would download RivaTuner and furmark. Run furmark in the background while you slowly increase clock by ~5Mhz. Make sure no artifacts start to appear then increase it another 5Mhz. Once your computer crashes or a lot of artifacts start to appear, back the clock down ~10-15Mhz and let furmark run for another 15 mins or so, making sure the temperatures stay within reason and your computer doesn't crash again.

kajunchicken

Honorable
Oct 13, 2012
You get much less of a performance increase out of GPU overclocking than you do from CPU overclocking. I'd say its around a 3-4 increase in FPS for a ~10% overclock. That being said, you may as well overclock, there is almost risk involved with GPU overclocking.

To overclock, I would download RivaTuner and furmark. Run furmark in the background while you slowly increase clock by ~5Mhz. Make sure no artifacts start to appear then increase it another 5Mhz. Once your computer crashes or a lot of artifacts start to appear, back the clock down ~10-15Mhz and let furmark run for another 15 mins or so, making sure the temperatures stay within reason and your computer doesn't crash again.

Solution