Continous beep...

bclark

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2010
Hello, my computer starts a continuous beep when Win Xp loads. Not on power up. It will continue to beep until I select shutdown and then it stops. The computer shuts down without the beep. This computer has worked good for about 2 years. I have cleaned all the fans and they seem to be working good. I have also replaced the keyboard. Thanks...BC

bclark

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2010
Thanks for your response. I found the answer to the problem. The biggest problem was me. My UPS and Computer set next to each other in a very small space. The beep was coming from the UPS not the PC (but sounded like the PC). Why it would start the beep when WinXp loaded I don't know. I replaced the UPS with another one and the beep is gone. So my thanks to everyone that helped, and I am sorry for being so dumb....

bclark

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2010

:pt1cable: Thanks for your responses. I found the answer to the problem. The biggest problem was me. My UPS and Computer set next to each other in a very small space. The beep was coming from the UPS not the PC (but sounded like the PC). Why it would start the beep when WinXp loaded I don't know. I replaced the UPS with another one and the beep is gone. So my thanks to everyone that helped, and I am sorry for being so dumb....