ASUS M4A88T-I Deluxe heatsink choices

tucansam

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2009
Gang,

I have a Silverstone SG04 and an M4A88T-I with a Phenom II X4. I am presently running a Big Shuriken and I am looking to reduce my CPU temps a bit.

I have modded the case to accept five 120mm Kaze fans, all running at very low RPM, and I have a Corsair PS with a 140mm exhause fan. The case is oriented such that the PS fan sits diretly over the CPU and I am looking at passive CPU HS options, or a HS that I can mod to accept a fan from below (between the CPU block and the main HS assembly) to direct air into the PS exhause fan.

My current choices are as follows, and I'm not sure what will fit the Asus MB:

- Coolermaster GeminII
- Thermalright AXP-140
- Noctua NH-C12P

All of the above HS's fit my height requirement. The Noctua appears to have sufficient room underneath to affix a small fan blowing upwards into the PSU. The Thermalright may be able to accept a thin fan on top, blowing into the PSU, but with two fans in such close proximity, I am worried about noise. The GeminII has surface area for days, and enough room for a fan or two underneath, although given its size, I am simply be able to run it passively; its height is such that the PSU fan should be pretty effective at sucking air up through the fins.

Any comments?

Thanks.