1st time new build, need help, thanks!!!

rozaback

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2010
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: within couple weeks.

BUDGET RANGE: < $1000, net of tax and shipping

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: average gaming, though not extreme type (no first person shooting like crysis or far cry, action and rpg mainly)

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS, optical drive.

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: newegg, superbiiz, and amazon

PARTS PREFERENCES: don't matter

OVERCLOCKING: No for sure

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: No for sure

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: energy efficient!! small , not bulky or big!

so far i got:

CPU: Intel Core i5-660 Clarkdale 3.33GHz LGA 1156
MOBO: Intel BOXDH57JG LGA 1156 Intel H57 HDMI Mini ITX
Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) F3-10666CL8D
Video: HIS IceQ H567Q1GD Radeon HD 5670 1GB 128-bit GDDR5
PSU: Seasonic X Series 650W ATX Power Supply (80PLUS GOLD)
HDD: Western Digital 640 GB Caviar Green SATA WD6400AARS

need help with choosing a case, following two cases, are they big enough to fit my current build?? By the way, i use to hang on my laptop( currently using) for some online games for couples days. Therefore, do I need a better heatsink or stock i5 heatsink is good enough (not going to overclock for sure, 'cause dont even know how anyway~~) If I do need a better heatsink, should I change to a bigger case? Again, I want to keep it small, cubic size looks good to me, but definitely not tower size.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133044
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112222

New to pc building, therefore please help me decide, I appreciate your advice. If you find anything not compatible with my current build, please help me fix it. Thank you so much!

I actually specilaise in HTPC/SFFs and LANParty gamers so if u looking for a CFable LANparty gamer:
lham.jpg

else just go with an AthlonII X3 435 with that same mobo (there's a combo) and cut down the PSU ^^

rozaback

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2010
Thanks batuchka.

but I forgot to mention a few things: 1) I do want to keep current PSU to maximize energy efficient. 2) I want to get my first build with Intel. It's going to be pricy than your current build. However, as long as it is under $1,000 (i have other parts, optical drives, monitor etc...), I am still going for it.

THe main problem with me is that with my current build, the two cases I picked, are they good enough? I mean, will my build fit inside those cubic boxes? if they do, air and heat flow will also be fine? If they dont, what size of case should i pick, try to be small though...

Once again, thanks for your advice, please help me with this.