Solved

Bad power suply?? video card??

hello

really i am very worried about my pc, while running pcmark vantage or running heaven benchmark my pc sometimes shut down even it does not finish the benchmark not blue screen not errors in windows really dont know.

my pc specs:

intel i7 920 2.67
asus p6t deluxe v2
ati XFX 4890 1gb
hard disk caviar black 500 gb
psu fortron everest 1010watt

when i put it in stress 50/100 times it restarts for no reason , i can play good video games only i have this issue running benchmark so please i need help, thanks.
16 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about power suply video card
  1. stabwisker said:
    hello

    really i am very worried about my pc, while running pcmark vantage or running heaven benchmark my pc sometimes shut down even it does not finish the benchmark not blue screen not errors in windows really dont know.

    my pc specs:

    intel i7 920 2.67
    asus p6t deluxe v2
    ati XFX 4890 1gb
    hard disk caviar black 500 gb
    psu fortron everest 1010watt

    when i put it in stress 50/100 times it restarts for no reason , i can play good video games only i have this issue running benchmark so please i need help, thanks.
  2. Sorry about the previous message. Pressed submit too fast and it wont let me edit or remove the message. Back to the problem at hand.

    I suspect it might be an overheating problem of your videocard although i don't completely rule out some kind of driver problem.
  3. Sounds like gpu is overheating you should really be careful when running certain benchmarks.
    Are you using any temperature monitoring apps for your gpu.
    I would assume you have at least CCC overdrive to give you an idea
    Download GPU-Z to use as well.
    Some of the settings are complicated and may not apply to your card in heaven.
  4. try speedfan to monitor temps of your graphics card
  5. i have all those programs and of course i checked the temps, for not having problems with my video card i just put 65% in fans speed , the temps of my gpu never reach 65 ° celcius because of fan speed , but really i still have the same problem, and i dont know what to do....

    need help.
  6. i didnt overclocked it , my card is working with defaults settings, i only just modify the fan speed so it can receive more air...
  7. Quote:
    Sorry about the previous message. Pressed submit too fast and it wont let me edit or remove the message. Back to the problem at hand.

    I suspect it might be an overheating problem of your videocard although i don't completely rule out some kind of driver problem.



    is not an overheating problem i think, beucase i was checking the temps and those never reach 70 degrees and i put the fan at 65% to receive more air. i still the same problem.

    when i finish the fisrt graphic test jane nash, when is going to start the other test my pc shut down and restart again.
  8. shovenose said:
    try speedfan to monitor temps of your graphics card



    i always do it , the temps never reach 70 degrees i set the graphis fan to 65% to prevent overheating.
  9. May I ask you to tell us what the cpu temp reaches as well as the gpu. Also what memory settings are including voltage. The video card utilizes some system memory and the failure under extreme stress may take you there. We'll guess your using the correct or newest video drivers (catalyst).
    It seems to me 70 celcius is actually low for that card running a stess test, that number could be a problem for the processor though-the bios may be shutting it down.
  10. roonj said:
    May I ask you to tell us what the cpu temp reaches as well as the gpu. Also what memory settings are including voltage. The video card utilizes some system memory and the failure under extreme stress may take you there. We'll guess your using the correct or newest video drivers (catalyst).
    It seems to me 70 celcius is actually low for that card running a stess test, that number could be a problem for the processor though-the bios may be shutting it down.



    The temps of cpu and gpu are good, there are not abnormal temps , i am using the last ati drivers 10.5 catalyst, when i put in totally stress i see that the 12v voltage drops to 11.88 is it good?
  11. Try running Memtes first. It's a bootable ISO you burn to a CD and boot off of. List your idle CPU and GPU temps then list your load CPU and GPU temps. How does it lock up/freeze? Do you get a BSoD? If so, what is the error code(s)? There are many variables and without the proper info, we cannot properly diagnose the problem.
  12. Best answer
    For the hardware that you got, consider getting a better brand PSU such as seasonic, antec, corsair, etc. Your hardware list is pretty impressive with the exception of the PSU.

    Fortron Everest is the PSU that fail benchmark test. I could not find the benchmark for the 1010W but the 700W and 900W review from Johnnyguru is awful. These PSU have major issues including high ripple beyond PC Power supply specs. These things can create un-explained PC crashes.

    The benchmark unit have burned pcbs on it.

    Below are link to Everest PSU reviews.


    Outright Failed Product:
    http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Review_Cat&recatnum=13&pagenum=7


    Ripple on 900W PSU
    http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story2&reid=103

    http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story4&reid=103
  13. i agree with the guy above u should go with a better psu and see if you still have the same problems
  14. yeah forton/fsp is pretty bad psu-wise.
    its not just the wattage that matters. i would rather use a corsair 650w psu that that fsp 1010w...
    you get the picture
    oh, and:
    http://www.corsair.com/cinema/movie.aspx?id=622747
  15. Best answer selected by stabwisker.
  16. leon2006 said:
    For the hardware that you got, consider getting a better brand PSU such as seasonic, antec, corsair, etc. Your hardware list is pretty impressive with the exception of the PSU.

    Fortron Everest is the PSU that fail benchmark test. I could not find the benchmark for the 1010W but the 700W and 900W review from Johnnyguru is awful. These PSU have major issues including high ripple beyond PC Power supply specs. These things can create un-explained PC crashes.

    The benchmark unit have burned pcbs on it.

    Below are link to Everest PSU reviews.


    Outright Failed Product:
    http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Review_Cat&recatnum=13&pagenum=7


    Ripple on 900W PSU
    http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story2&reid=103

    http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story4&reid=103



    you were right, thanks alot also i talked to a friend and he used his tester to check the 12V rail , the maximun Current is awfull just onle 12 amperes, also has a lot of fluctuation.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Graphics Cards Benchmark Components