kep55

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Right. Before any wise guys say "use Windows Explorer" here's the skinny. I got the wires crossed and Drive 0 is not actually the C drive. Drive 1 is also not the F drive. So, how can one get the dope on the contents of the various drives by BIOS / Drive Management number? I want to make sure I put a new partition on the right drive for a Win XP Pro or Win 7 / 32 boot option since Win 7 / 64 won't play nice with my scanner or printer.

Solution
If you go into Disk Manager (Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Computer Management - Disk Management), the bottom panel shows a picture of each drive and what partitions are on it.

Windows doesn't really care which of the various SATA ports a drive is on. Drive letter assignment by disk number is an old DOS thing.
If you go into Disk Manager (Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Computer Management - Disk Management), the bottom panel shows a picture of each drive and what partitions are on it.

Windows doesn't really care which of the various SATA ports a drive is on. Drive letter assignment by disk number is an old DOS thing.

Solution